Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

This refugee thing.

This refugee thing.

Old Dec 22nd 2016, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This refugee thing.

Originally Posted by jmh
The problem is that science has been corrupted by money - corporates, vested interests etc. Eg. Eating sugar is fine according to the scientific study funded by processed food producers. Scientific studies funded by mobile phone companies proved that there are no health risks from using mobile phones. That sort of thing.
And religion hasn't ie give money to the church and you will go to heaven etc. That is why Luther posted his 'theses' in 1492 ref corruption in the Catholic church.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

I decided to do a bit of self learning about the whole Syria Aleppo history and horror and I've decided the country is run by insane tribal mad men. I think that's the problem, the country isn't a country is it, it's just all tribes who just have been given big guns and chemical weapons and instead of having little spats as they maybe always did they now just are slaughtering on a huge scale. Except now they all are mixed up mingled and confused about who the Flip they do and don't like so as well as killing each other they're killing anyone. The young generation don't know what the hell is going on, they're brainwashed to the max and traumatised by war. I'm a bit depressed about the whole thing really.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSky
I decided to do a bit of self learning about the whole Syria Aleppo history and horror and I've decided the country is run by insane tribal mad men. I think that's the problem, the country isn't a country is it, it's just all tribes who just have been given big guns and chemical weapons and instead of having little spats as they maybe always did they now just are slaughtering on a huge scale. Except now they all are mixed up mingled and confused about who the Flip they do and don't like so as well as killing each other they're killing anyone. The young generation don't know what the hell is going on, they're brainwashed to the max and traumatised by war. I'm a bit depressed about the whole thing really.
Now look at Yemen, Iraq, Myanmar, Sudan....... and get really depressed.
Old Dec 23rd 2016, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
Now look at Yemen, Iraq, Myanmar, Sudan....... and get really depressed.
I did.
Old Dec 24th 2016, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Those in control had to create a war somewhere once it looked like Afghanistan had run its course
and poor Syria appears to have been drawn as the short straw.