Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Really confused - please help.....

Really confused - please help.....

Old Oct 17th 2017, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

jenny262 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Really confused - please help.....

We will be moving to NZ early next year and having had a removal company out to get a quote, she has lead me to believe that none of my toiletries are allowed to go on the container! This I don't understand - if I was going on holiday, they would be allowed in my suitcase. Is this the case across the board? She said that I have plenty of time to use them up between now and then! Also what about any opened items eg herbs and spices. I have been trawling though International Movers information, I've tried the NZ Gov site, but just cant seem to find a list of what is and what isn't allowed in.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Skoskie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Really confused - please help.....

Originally Posted by jenny262
We will be moving to NZ early next year and having had a removal company out to get a quote, she has lead me to believe that none of my toiletries are allowed to go on the container! This I don't understand - if I was going on holiday, they would be allowed in my suitcase. Is this the case across the board? She said that I have plenty of time to use them up between now and then! Also what about any opened items eg herbs and spices. I have been trawling though International Movers information, I've tried the NZ Gov site, but just cant seem to find a list of what is and what isn't allowed in.
I”ve never heard that about toiletries in a container! Most people stock up - I certainly did and had no problem with the removal company. Opened herbs and spices I’m not so sure about but think that might prove a problem.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 11:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sack the juggler & get in more removal companies to quote and advise.

Have a mooch around here.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:05 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenny262
... just cant seem to find a list of what is and what isn't allowed in.
Google is your friend:

http://www.customs.govt.nz/news/reso...Sheet%2005.pdf
Old Oct 20th 2017, 3:39 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

they make it up as they go along.

You can move it, if their company will do it for you is another matter.

The thing you need to be aware of when moving to other side of the world is the extreme temperature conditions from cold to hot the container will go through. the fact it will be off loaded and reloaded on to differing ships. sit on docks waiting for the next leg etc.

I personally would explain to them that you have checked, when you have, and that none of the items you want to ship are excluded for personal import so what is their problem?