The Rant Thread

Old Jan 5th 2013, 3:39 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: The Rant Thread

bought a paddling pool for the kids, spent 20 or so minutes "discussing" the options with MrFychan before he reluctantly agreed to spend the money on it. spoke to a staff member about it. Get home start to unpack it and the first leaflet we find states we need to get it fenced.

FFS - why wasn't the information on the outside of the box, why didn't the staff member mention it.

Not happy, kids not happy and now I have to return the blinkin thing as if I need to fence it I might as well pay out for a proper pool and not just a paddling one
Old Jan 5th 2013, 4:30 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rant Thread

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
bought a paddling pool for the kids, spent 20 or so minutes "discussing" the options with MrFychan before he reluctantly agreed to spend the money on it. spoke to a staff member about it. Get home start to unpack it and the first leaflet we find states we need to get it fenced.

FFS - why wasn't the information on the outside of the box, why didn't the staff member mention it.

Not happy, kids not happy and now I have to return the blinkin thing as if I need to fence it I might as well pay out for a proper pool and not just a paddling one
I am not surprised that you are ranting. This type of legislation really makes me sick. Especially as here in Oz, it was introduced as a result of trespassers and burglars drowning in pools they had no reason to be near.

It also introduces a false sense of security. Surely, kids near water = possible death. Therefore, supervise them at all times when there is water about.

So my rant is: Crap legislation.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 8:08 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

just spoken to the council about the paddling pool. anything over 4" tall needs a fence or be raised off the ground by 1.2m. seriously we are talking paddling pool. 4" is a foot spa at best. Oh but lets think about this I could save the money on not getting car insurance as that is not compulsory here and use it to pay for a raised deck or fence
Old Jan 6th 2013, 8:41 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
just spoken to the council about the paddling pool. anything over 4" tall needs a fence or be raised off the ground by 1.2m. seriously we are talking paddling pool. 4" is a foot spa at best. Oh but lets think about this I could save the money on not getting car insurance as that is not compulsory here and use it to pay for a raised deck or fence
It is ridicules! I know a few people who have swimming pools with no fence around

Plus we had a small pool the first year was supposed to be fenced in and didn't know and no one said a thing to us about it, plus at a friends Bach in Waverley they had a paddling pool up with no fence, so guess I'm saying you could just do it!

Last edited by love30stm; Jan 6th 2013 at 8:44 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Right, i'm going to go on a fuming rant here

Yesterday, the weather was nice and hot, so I decide to take a nice stroll to Sumner village before taking the young one out on a walk

Lovely day, perfect. Anyway got home and then as the weather was too good to stay indoors, I decide to take a stroll round Merivale. Due to the roadworks at the Papanui Road/Innes Road/Heaton St intersection, most traffic is turning onto the road I live on now.

Well this one plonker turns on my road, revs his chavved up style Scooby Doo, loses control and just misses smashing into me but completely takes out a car parked on the road

As soon as the bloke got out, yes he was injured but he certainly the affects of alcohol being consumed. A drunk driver almost hitting me - I was fuming inside but never showed that on the outside. I checked to see what his injuries were, got him outside onto the road and then put a flannel on his head to calm him down and stop the cut he received.

Well the police arrived as did the ambulance. Before whisking him away, they breathalised him - and I overheard he was under just. His reading came back 0.079

Huh?

0.079? Errr surely that's above the limit????

Nope, the limit is 0.080. Apparently they're looking into cutting it down to 0.050 but it's down to the government.

0.080 is an absolute joke!!!!!

I could not believe my ears and went back into the house ranting at my wife about the limit. I then clicked onto the NZ herald and read the story about them possibly cutting it.

Possibly!

POSSIBLY!!!!!

I then saw the arguments against. Oh it'll be punishing drivers, preventing them from a good night out - and that it's similar to us dropping the speed limit to 30kmh

Unbelievable!

That argument is absolutely tosh! Does this idiot that's looking into this not realise that alcohol affects driving and has buga all to do with speed limits?

Oh and to top off my anger, that stupid advert about stopping a mate driving drunk or family drunk - legend. More like congratulations on an aboslutely awful advert not identifying potential issues with drink driving

Good example for them to learn from is the bar man in the UK drink drive advert.

Oh and I believe the driver wasn't insured so god knows how much it's gonna cost to get his vehicle sorted.

0.080 Drink Driving limit. Shocking! Get it reduced asap Mr Key and sack the idiot that's doing the research into it
Old Jan 6th 2013, 11:10 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The electrcial storm fried my telly.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:14 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
bugger........
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

What a bloomin nightmare, we've been through that painful process, TV, phone, internet, laptop and all got fried.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:26 pm
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

What a bloomin nightmare, we've been through that painful process, TV, phone, internet, laptop and all got fried.
Yup! Multiple frying this end. TV. PC. Phone line, internet connectivity etc.

It hit before we could get the power off. One minute we were outside rounding up the animals and watching the storm clouds. Next it was bang over our heads . Felt like just feet above and was very scary TBH.

Have forked out ( no pun intended) for a new TV. Our old one wasn't worth the insurance claim to try and repair if parts were available , what with the excess & the upcoming switch to digital . It was 7 years old and a dinosaur .

Have a new modem now but the fried PC isn't having any of it.

Phone line still dicky.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:22 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Do you use surge protectors?
Old Jan 10th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Aaargh Passports appear to be lost in transit from Wellington to here with our lovely Visas in!!!!! Not at all happy
Old Jan 10th 2013, 8:47 pm
`

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Do you use surge protectors?
Yis & No.

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Aaargh Passports appear to be lost in transit from Wellington to here with our lovely Visas in!!!!! Not at all happy
Oh noes . I do hope they are located & turn up soon.

We need a 'Quality Rant' button.

Tom1983 . That was a quality rant.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Can you post here if you are the victim of a deranged rantee? Good golly did I get a load of the evils and verbal today. I have never seen such anger levelled at anyone before, I thought this guy was going to burst a blood vessel and jump out of his car and kill me.

All because I dared to drive a whole 25 metres in an empty T2 Lane in a car by my lonesome. I had only just slipped into the lane as I was turning left into the next shop FFS. It wasn't like I was blocking his way or stopping him getting anywhere as he was travelling in the opposite direction.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 12:16 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Can you post here if you are the victim of a deranged rantee? Good golly did I get a load of the evils and verbal today. I have never seen such anger levelled at anyone before, I thought this guy was going to burst a blood vessel and jump out of his car and kill me.

All because I dared to drive a whole 25 metres in an empty T2 Lane in a car by my lonesome. I had only just slipped into the lane as I was turning left into the next shop FFS. It wasn't like I was blocking his way or stopping him getting anywhere as he was travelling in the opposite direction.
I'm sure posting our own rants, or the witnessing of another rant, have equal status.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 12:20 am

can't find my glasses, luckily have my laptop back so not having to rely on notebook with a screen1/2 the size of this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.