The Rant Thread

Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Rant Thread

They were and are. They are dangerous. They are also cowards.

I hope you reported them at the time. There is far too much of this bullyblogs behaviour on these roads. ( I can't remember if you did or not)

FWIW I had similar a while back .
Old Jun 9th 2013, 12:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

didn't report him as didn't have anyway, safely, to get his reg number.
As for motor bikes very aware and courteous to them as ex pillion rider and son rides now, plus need to check them out so letting them pass is the best way
Old Jun 10th 2013, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

There's a roadwatch in this country

Oh dear!!!

They must get billions of complaints a day considering the standards of driving in this country

Sum it up, I read in The Press today that a lot of roadworkers are getting barrels of abuse from drivers in Christchurch. Really makes me laugh, must be the 30kmh speed limit.

I admit all these roadworks in Christchurch are annoying but get a nice smooth road instead of a bumpy pot holed road cracked ridden stretch. I presume these idiots giving the abuse would be happy going 50-100kmh over majorly damaged roads, forking out hundreds on new tyres every month, new suspensions etc

I really do want to take the driver test here, just to see what happens when it comes to roundabout usage. It seems they don't know what a roundabout is in Christchurch
Old Jun 10th 2013, 4:17 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
I presume these idiots giving the abuse would be happy going 50-100kmh over majorly damaged roads, forking out hundreds on new tyres every month, new suspensions etc
Cities here (aside from those with Geographic constrictions like Wellington) are strip developments added on to other strip developments, there are a lot of roads that need to be fixed.
Originally Posted by Tom1983
I really do want to take the driver test here, just to see what happens when it comes to roundabout usage. It seems they don't know what a roundabout is in Christchurch
Kiwi guide to roundabouts for foreigners:
1. Never indicate.
2. If there is an inch to spare in a gap it's expected you will take that gap.
3. Small gives way to big.
4. If traffic is heavy the give way to the right rule no longer applies, just drive onto the roundabout and stop.

If it's good enough practice for the police its good enough for us ordinary folk, when in Rome etc.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Kiwi guide to roundabouts for foreigners:
1. Never indicate.
Seems the de rigeur around here is is actually to indicate opposite to where you are going; just to mix it up and make it and make life that bit more edgy.

Playful driving, such as massively cutting corners, driving on the wrong side of the road and speeding up to the intersection of a main road before slamming on the brakes also adds to the flavour.