Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

OMG they just accidentally cancelled my UK flight!!

OMG they just accidentally cancelled my UK flight!!

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:28 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default OMG they just accidentally cancelled my UK flight!!

I'm going to the UK on Thursday. Or at least I hope I am, because they just accidentally cancelled my flight!!!

Work want me to go to a meeting in Auckland the day before so I though no probs, just stay over and get the Singapore flight. So I went to the Flight Centre to sort out the flight and cancel the WLG-AKL bit – she went tappy tappy tap on the keyboard then “oh sh_t I just cancelled your whole flight”!

Oh noes!!

So currently I have no flight :-o

Not at all worried, oh no!!

Awaiting a call from them
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:56 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG they just accidentally cancelled my UK flight!!

Ohhh crap.

Not only has she cancelled me but the flight was full with a wait list so the seat has gone!!!

Even business class :-o

**** **** ****!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:21 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Ohhh crap.

Not only has she cancelled me but the flight was full with a wait list so the seat has gone!!!

**** **** ****!

Oh B**ll**cks Rob!!!

Surely it is up to flight centre to find you a flight though and to cover any additional costs as it was completely their cock-up????

Do you have travel insurance?? May be worth a ring to see where you stand

If you need any advice, then found this on Consumer webpage

http://www.taanz.org.nz/

Hope you get it sorted
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Pinkybee is on a distinguished road

If your original flight was booked and paid for she FC would surely have a responsibility to get you on any flight going there on the same date.
Was it paid for already?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:44 am
Happy in Wellington

They're working hard to sort it out - calling me a lot and keeping me up to date. Still I'm a little concerned!

The original flight has been fully paid for since December!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Then they better bite the bullet and get you out to the UK , same time , same day even if they have to book First Class.

edited...

... I'm bunging you some karma mate. Must be a considerable worry.

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 23rd 2008 at 10:19 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:16 pm
Happy in Wellington

Yep.

Still waiting. 1pm apparently.

Tick tock!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

I would be on the phone to her manager and screaming if I were you! That's just not on!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Rob, on 747's there a bunk section above the pilots head in the cabin... you could ask for that? Also they don't have flight engineers any more, so how about his seat?

Nah... demand 1st Class!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:46 pm
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by Pinkybee
I would be on the phone to her manager and screaming if I were you! That's just not on!
Yeah but what does that really achieve? Apart from me getting stressed. I'm chillin' while they fix it.

Never been on a last-minute magical mystery tour before!

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Apparently Rob, on 747's there a bunk section above the pilots head in the cabin... you could ask for that? Also they don't have flight engineers any more, so how about his seat?

Nah... demand 1st Class!!
Oo, good idea! Except Singapore run 777-200s
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah but what does that really achieve? Apart from me getting stressed. I'm chillin' while they fix it.

Never been on a last-minute magical mystery tour before!

Oo, good idea! Except Singapore run 777-200s
Her manager might not be aware of the mistake as yet and the approval to get you on another flight of a higher cost than your original one probably can't be approved without the manager's consent.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:54 pm
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by Pinkybee
Her manager might not be aware of the mistake as yet and the approval to get you on another flight of a higher cost than your original one probably can't be approved without the manager's consent.
She assures me the area manager is fully aware and is dealing with the problem. What else can I do? No management types in the shop to talk to.

From what she said it's something that's happened before but not to her

I wait patiently!!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:03 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

diversion through Iraq matey, she'll be right
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:13 am
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
diversion through Iraq matey, she'll be right
At this stage it might be a possibility. Still no flight!!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh crap.

**** **** ****!
Well done the Flight Centre, Im booked with them next month so hope they do better. Dont make any last minute changes, I guess that the moral...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.