Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ now has the fastest growing

NZ now has the fastest growing

Old Oct 17th 2016, 1:48 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ now has the fastest growing

house prices of any country in the world, raising annually by 10.43%
According to Juwai - https://list.juwai.com/news/2016/10/...dex-gpi-report

This is a Chinese investment website - so expect more investors buying locals out
Old Oct 17th 2016, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NZ now has the fastest growing

We're selling the bach and giving the money to the kids.

Young'uns can't afford to buy at these prices

Last edited by LoCarb; Oct 17th 2016 at 2:38 am.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 2:54 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at buying a rental property which could then give the kids some money when it came time but that was just before rental properties deposit went up to 40% and we would of missed the cut off. Now thinking of just buying some land somewhere and keep hold of it.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I looked at buying a rental property which could then give the kids some money when it came time but that was just before rental properties deposit went up to 40% and we would of missed the cut off. Now thinking of just buying some land somewhere and keep hold of it.
Horowhenua's going gang-busters at the moment with the new road, so look to the North!
Old Oct 17th 2016, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

It always correct's itself, most Kiwis are blind to it however
Old Oct 17th 2016, 9:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be a thread about cucumbers
Old Oct 17th 2016, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
well it may also hold that title but unfortunately I do not have any information on that one
Old Oct 17th 2016, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Its physically impossible for prices to keep continuing upwards at those levels. When investing, I was always taught to sell when the market is bouyant and buy when its depressed. But I suppose if I could predict what the market is going to do I would be rich
Old Oct 17th 2016, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
just for you Stix
Attached Thumbnails NZ now has the fastest growing-dsc_0014_1.jpg  
Old Oct 18th 2016, 1:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

just for you Stix
Thank you kindly Mrs F. Growen quickly in their own plastic bags
Old Oct 18th 2016, 4:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

'kin 'ell, saw the Reserve banks M10 house price measure was up to almost 17% p.a. We are now a sort of...property pyramid scheme.

Makes sense however as there if FA being built for regulatory reasons, low tax, home loan rates/inflation is low with most economists expecting two further cuts in next two OCR meetings. Hope the banks can all survive this.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

One would hope that the Chinese (and other) investors will take note of the UK market.

Those who invested in London properties in the last year at least will have taken around a 17% hit on the value of their investment due to the devaluation of the UKP.

Then again, the "buy when the market is low" crowd will probably be about to pile in because everything is now much cheaper.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

house prices of any country in the world, raising annually by 10.43%
According to Juwai - https://list.juwai.com/news/2016/10/...dex-gpi-report

This is a Chinese investment website - so expect more investors buying locals out
Let's face it for most people there is absolutely no benefit to this ridiculous house price increase that prevails. Unless you are getting out of the market or you have bought a property as an investment only and not a home. We all need somewhere to live. What does it matter if my house has a value of 150k or 1.5 million whilst I live in it.

I know I will sell it one day and live off the equity until I die and that really is where the benefit lies. When you want to sell up and rent. Most people want to move up the housing ladder. These stupid price hikes only serve to relieve those of more money as they go up the housing chain. I believe more could be done by all governments to kerb what is going on. This 'free market economy' stuff needs checking in the area of housing. I heard last week that over 25% of people buying in Auclkand own 5 or more homes.

The rich just keep getting richer whilst for way too many the ideal of home ownership becomes impossible.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

We own a rental, not all folk who buy properties to rent are baddies, we bought it for our sons to get onto the property market.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by SSky
We own a rental, not all folk who buy properties to rent are baddies, we bought it for our sons to get onto the property market.
thats what we wanted to do but unable to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.