Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Littletoe - Good Luck Tomorrow!!

Littletoe - Good Luck Tomorrow!!

Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Littletoe - Good Luck Tomorrow!!

Congratulations
she's lovely
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

She's lovely. And I love the name!

Lou
xxxxxxxx
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to the both of you!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Congratulations, she's beautiful
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really nice

Hi

Congratulations to you both on your new addition to the family.

If you don't mind me asking which hospital did you have her in?

Tapuhi
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:12 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tapuhi
Hi

Congratulations to you both on your new addition to the family.

If you don't mind me asking which hospital did you have her in?

Tapuhi

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, its really appreciated. Just wanted to attach another photo! I am really REALLY enjoying Ella, she's just such a wonderful baby, and despite this being the worst labour of all three, I have already told Steve that I want another....in a few years of course! He'll need some convincing though!

Oh, incidentally, I had her in Wellington hospital, Tapuhi. Dreadful!
Attached Thumbnails Littletoe - Good Luck Tomorrow!!-ellahatblog.bmp  
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

She is beautiful
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:30 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

awwwww so sweet congrats
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Tapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really nice

She is gorgeous.

What was so bad? Hospital/staff/labour or all?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:22 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

The labour was bad, but the staff were pretty awful as was the place. I paid for a private OB and midwife and they were worth every penny, I don't know what I would have done without them. There weren't any labour rooms available, so I had to give birth in an assesment room, which wasn't even big enough to swing a cat in! I was just off a corridor, so it wasn't very private. Then I had to wait from when she was born (3.41pm) until late at night (almost 10) for a bed to become available in the ward. All the private rooms were taken, I didn't want to stay but Ella had experienced some breathing difficulties. The ward was just dire, overflowing waste bin in the toilets, the tv room was dingy with wallpaper hanging off. The staff were incredibly unhelpful and unfriendly. I ended up discharging myself in the early hours because it was more stressful being in there. They really need a private maternity ward here in Welly. The care prior to the hospital was very good with Southern Cross, I highly recommend it. The public system is pretty poor for the country's capital. There have been many damning reports about the maternity care here.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Thank you!

The labour was bad, but the staff were pretty awful as was the place. I paid for a private OB and midwife and they were worth every penny, I don't know what I would have done without them. There weren't any labour rooms available, so I had to give birth in an assesment room, which wasn't even big enough to swing a cat in! I was just off a corridor, so it wasn't very private. Then I had to wait from when she was born (3.41pm) until late at night (almost 10) for a bed to become available in the ward. All the private rooms were taken, I didn't want to stay but Ella had experienced some breathing difficulties. The ward was just dire, overflowing waste bin in the toilets, the tv room was dingy with wallpaper hanging off. The staff were incredibly unhelpful and unfriendly. I ended up discharging myself in the early hours because it was more stressful being in there. They really need a private maternity ward here in Welly. The care prior to the hospital was very good with Southern Cross, I highly recommend it. The public system is pretty poor for the country's capital. There have been many damning reports about the maternity care here.
Congratulations and sorry to hear you had such a rough time. I wonder if things will improve when the new Wellington Hospital building is finally operational....every time I drive past..it looks more and more finished....it is indeed ironic that the capital and seat of government, lacks private options for those of us lucky enough to have insurance....makes me glad to be over the baby stage though when I hear people's delivery tales about any country.
Enjoy - she'll be starting school before you know it.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:37 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Thanks everyone for your well wishes, its really appreciated. Just wanted to attach another photo! I am really REALLY enjoying Ella, she's just such a wonderful baby, and despite this being the worst labour of all three, I have already told Steve that I want another....in a few years of course! He'll need some convincing though!

Oh, incidentally, I had her in Wellington hospital, Tapuhi. Dreadful!

What wonderful news, and a very beautiful baby girl, well -done mum, and Congratulations to all the family.

Marika