Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

John Key and hair pulling.

John Key and hair pulling.

Old May 26th 2015, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default John Key and hair pulling.

Not sure if this has been bought up..did a search and found nothing so here is my view on the case in point. How on earth did he manage to slip away from his terrible behaviour with that poor girl whose hair he repeatedly pulled? We all have personal space, but to actively set about effectively assaulting (which is what it was..I have studied the law and this is common assault) someone on a systematic basis is beyond me. I would no sooner do this to a barmaid a waiter or a shop worker than I would rob a bank. I think what he did was bullying, wholly and utterly inappropriate and I think what he did makes him devoid of credibility.
Old May 27th 2015, 4:09 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Key and hair pulling.

The NZ Herald handled it pretty badly, and it was suggested that it was 'politically motivated' because it came out in a left wing blog. Then the Campbell live clip came out that showed him stroking a young girl's hair, but this still didn't seem to damage him. He really is Teflon John.

He loves joking with the ladies....

Lenska Papich, TVNZ Communications Manager said following media inquiries about an alleged hair-pulling incident, the company had been unable to find any evidence any employees had complained about John Key pulling their hair.
“We can only assume the speculation relates to a joke between the Prime Minister and a TVNZ presenter some two years ago.
“In the interest of transparency, we can advise a TVNZ presenter dared the Prime Minister to help style the presenter’s hair and the Prime Minister briefly accepted the challenge.
“The presenter was completely comfortable about what has been described as ‘a mutual joke between friends’.”
- See more at: The gift John Key gave TVNZ hair toucher « The Daily Blog

what TDB can now reveal is like the case with the young waitress where Key offered 2 bottles of his own wine as an apology, apparently the Prime Minister also gave the TVNZ employee a gift after he touched her hair as well.
Sources close to the issue have told TDB that after a trip overseas, the Prime Minister gave the TVNZ employee a teddy bear with ‘I love you’ on the paw.
Old May 27th 2015, 4:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yuk!
Old May 27th 2015, 5:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

What a storm in a teacup. A complete non-issue in mine and our friends eyes. It happened a couple of years back and it's only just been reported. Given what others get up to like the odious Len Brown and with politicians in other countries, just makes our media look pathetic.

No he shouldn't of done it when she asked him to stop. I've often had my pony-tail pulled in the past by men and women. Never felt like I had been assaulted.
Old May 27th 2015, 6:04 am
`

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
No he shouldn't of done it when she asked him to stop.
Quite.
Old May 27th 2015, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's utterly cringeworthy and way beyond my comprehension, I can't imagine a situation ever where I would be putting up with my OH going in for a bit 'playful' banter or pawing at some young girl in a café. It tells me that the man is an imbecile and really is as dumb and limp as he sounds.
Old May 27th 2015, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
It's utterly cringeworthy and way beyond my comprehension, I can't imagine a situation ever where I would be putting up with my OH going in for a bit 'playful' banter or pawing at some young girl in a café. It tells me that the man is an imbecile and really is as dumb and limp as he sounds.
Indeed. I can guarantee you if I did it the police would be knocking on my door or someone on behalf of the girl would be knocking on my face. I don't think it is a storm in a tea cup I think it is odious behaviour from a bully and a man who does not have respect for women, If some one did this to my daughter they would not get away with it. Even Judith Collins denounced him.

Complete, mindless and thoughtless turnip spring to mind.
Old May 27th 2015, 11:56 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Indeed. I can guarantee you if I did it the police would be knocking on my door or someone on behalf of the girl would be knocking on my face. I don't think it is a storm in a tea cup I think it is odious behaviour from a bully and a man who does not have respect for women, If some one did this to my daughter they would not get away with it. Even Judith Collins denounced him.

Complete, mindless and thoughtless turnip spring to mind.
Mind you, I think Judith Collins is eyeing up the top job for herself!

I believe that our politicians and public servants should be held to the highest standards, especially as they are so highly paid to represent voters.
Old May 28th 2015, 1:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Having had pony tail, bunches, plaits pulled and having done it to others I really don't see that it's that newsworthy. Had he pulled out a pair of scissors and cut it off (as I have been tempted to do with grey-haired, middle-aged men sporting pony tails) then THAT would have been a story.

I think I'll save my righteous indignation for real news stories, such as ISIL and their slaying of innocent people, Boko Haram abducting young girls and selling them into slavery and enforced 'marriages', the plight of migrants drowning at sea, the Nepal earthquake devastation and so on.

He's the prime minister of a not very important country at the arse-end of the world. Let's keep a sense of proportion. It's probably why no-one bothered to mention it before Genesis
Old May 28th 2015, 4:13 am
`

I didn't post about it but I did and still do think it crass and cruddy.

Yuk!

Originally Posted by jmh
I believe that our politicians and public servants should be held to the highest standards, especially as they are so highly paid to represent voters.
Yes.
Old May 28th 2015, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Having had pony tail, bunches, plaits pulled and having done it to others I really don't see that it's that newsworthy. Had he pulled out a pair of scissors and cut it off (as I have been tempted to do with grey-haired, middle-aged men sporting pony tails) then THAT would have been a story.

I think I'll save my righteous indignation for real news stories, such as ISIL and their slaying of innocent people, Boko Haram abducting young girls and selling them into slavery and enforced 'marriages', the plight of migrants drowning at sea, the Nepal earthquake devastation and so on.

He's the prime minister of a not very important country at the arse-end of the world. Let's keep a sense of proportion. It's probably why no-one bothered to mention it before Genesis
Do you reckon he would mind if he regularly came into my shop and I regularly gently slapped his bald patch? I don't think he would like it eh? And did you know that he approached her on one occasion humming the 'Jaws' theme? That is creepy and not funny. They were not friends..he was a customer and she was an waitress. There is no implied consent to pull a waitresses hair when you buy a coffee..or to touch them in anyway. What do you think would happen to me if I did this to someone on a regular basis in my local bar or coffee shop? I would most likely be banned or punched.

Personally I would deserve both!!! I think it was extremely newsworthy and its a shame it did not go further.
Old May 28th 2015, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Do you reckon he would mind if he regularly came into my shop and I regularly gently slapped his bald patch? I don't think he would like it eh? And did you know that he approached her on one occasion humming the 'Jaws' theme? That is creepy and not funny. They were not friends..he was a customer and she was an waitress. There is no implied consent to pull a waitresses hair when you buy a coffee..or to touch them in anyway. What do you think would happen to me if I did this to someone on a regular basis in my local bar or coffee shop? I would most likely be banned or punched.

Personally I would deserve both!!! I think it was extremely newsworthy and its a shame it did not go further.
Patting would be acceptable IMV though not slapping. He may not like it but then again he may, who knows!

I had it done to me by customers when I worked in a bar (I also had far worse done) and I laughed it off. I knew it was playful and not sexual. If I had been offended by anything done to me then I would have kneed them in the groin.

Guess I just have a good sense of fun. I'm a very touchy-feely sort of person. Friends of mine from other European countries have said that this wouldn't be a newsworthy article in their respective countries.

Anyway, I have had my say and don't feel the need to discuss it anymore.
Old May 28th 2015, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wink Re: John Key and hair pulling.

Patting would be acceptable IMV though not slapping. He may not like it but then again he may, who knows!

I had it done to me by customers when I worked in a bar (I also had far worse done) and I laughed it off. I knew it was playful and not sexual. If I had been offended by anything done to me then I would have kneed them in the groin.

Guess I just have a good sense of fun. I'm a very touchy-feely sort of person. Friends of mine from other European countries have said that this wouldn't be a newsworthy article in their respective countries.

Anyway, I have had my say and don't feel the need to discuss it anymore.
And therein lies the rub. We all have different tolerance levels. I live in a world where someone's personal space is just that. As indeed are their bodies. You don't touch unless invited. I think it is so very unacceptable that anyone would touch someone else's body (with the exception of implied permission in contact games and on crowded transport systems) unless you are invited to do so. He think 'got off' on doing this IMO which makes it all the more serious and creepy and dark IMO. I would not want anyone doing that to me. I am seriously tactile and touchy feely (half french)......but I know, understand and respect the acceptable perameters of the latter.
Old May 29th 2015, 8:54 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

So what your saying is that big international events are more important than a man who loses his dog in Te Awamutu? New Zealand isn't going to have a lot of news by your standards.
Old May 29th 2015, 9:23 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: John Key and hair pulling.

You don't touch unless invited. I think it is so very unacceptable that anyone would touch someone else's body (with the exception of implied permission in contact games and on crowded transport systems) unless you are invited to do so.
Written or verbal permission?

I think what John Key did was a bit weird but no doubt many things I do could also be seen as a bit odd...even with context. Which of us could deny that the whole being a human thing can be a bit socially awkward at times? No matter how very brilliantly "English" you are at some point you will clumsily trip over some social conventions and norms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.