Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Isn't everything looking so green!

Isn't everything looking so green!

Old Nov 3rd 2016, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Isn't everything looking so green!

It's so lovely to have everything growing again after such a dry two years in Canterbury.
The previous two summers have been scary dry, we could smell the hot fumes coming from our pine plantation and always made sure we had the cars fuelled and ready to flee if the worst happened and everything ignited.
Our land now though is at last looking lovely and velvety green again.
Not much grows here on this land apart from pine trees anyways but this lovely damp spring has got everything looking lovely alive and fresh again.
Our lemon tree died, may have been cos I forgot to water it but it was as old as our house so could have just been cos of it's age, I need to get a new one to replace it any hows as I loved being able to pick lemons fresh off the bush just outside our kitchen.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 6:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Isn't everything looking so green!

You have the man of the house pee on your lemon bush. Not water it .

Our lemon tree is around 40 years old I think and has the thorns to prove it.

Himself will not pee on it as it is by the front gate.