Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hot chocolate V milo

Hot chocolate V milo

Old Jul 18th 2012, 1:28 am
hanging in there

Hellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to all
Default Hot chocolate V milo

Okay I tried it, tried to embrace the kiwiness of milo but I just can't do it, it's just plain wrong, yuck! I even paid a small fortune from English shop for some instant and that didn't taste right either.
Have I been spoit by all the coffee shop hot chocolate, or is there a brand out there that can get me through the winter.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 5:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot chocolate V milo

I get Cadbury's Hot Chocolate from Bramptins (or similar) & my parents occasionally send me some over

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; Jul 18th 2012 at 5:03 am. Reason: Typo!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Milo isn't pretending to be Hot Chocolate though is it? It's a malt drink like Ovaltine.

You can get Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate among others at any of the the supermarkets or just get good old fashioned cocoa.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

I've tried Milo, twice. I just don't get it. It's bloody awful.

When I buy Hot Chocolate for making at home, I buy one of any number of different brands available from our local Moor Wilson's.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:42 am
hanging in there

Hellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to allHellie73 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Milo isn't pretending to be Hot Chocolate though is it? It's a malt drink like Ovaltine.

You can get Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate among others at any of the the supermarkets or just get good old fashioned cocoa.
I know it's like putting a square peg in a round hole, (chocolate and malt drinks) I was just looking for a nice warm winter drink alternative to having to make hot chocolate with milk or paying over $9 for a jar of instant.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Try Baking cocoa (fair frade) it's delicious..you just add sugar to taste
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

I love Milo & it does taste just like Ovaltine
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:37 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Hot chocolate V milo

Bovril. Get something warm and meaty into you and stop being such pooftas.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: London temporarily, Auckland...bah, who knows, maybe never
Bev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really niceBev MK is just really nice

Is it the same as the South African Milo? I quite like that as a hot drink when I've had it on hols there.

But at home I always make hot choc with cocoa powder rather than hot choc powder as I like it very chocolately and not very sweet so I find the pre-mixed Cadbury's etc too weak and too sugary.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't get the kiwi love of Milo, its vile. In one of the hospitals I worked in we had to lock it away as people (usually kids but not always) would just eat it out the tub with a spoon

'Luckily' its also made by Nestle and I don't eat Nestle products so its not a problem to avoid it.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

phyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud of

I'm a kiwi and I don't like Milo. It's not chocolate though. We were force feed the crap at boarding school in NZ and I've not been able to touch it since.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 9:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Avoiding Nestle must be a real PITA since they are the worlds largest food company.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Avoiding Nestle must be a real PITA since they are the worlds largest food company.
Its pretty easy actually, been doing it for a long time mind and there's plenty of alternatives out there.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 10:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hot chocolate V milo
Yuk and double yuk to both those & to Ovaltine or anything similar.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:09 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: Hot chocolate V milo

Originally Posted by lisamct
Its pretty easy actually, been doing it for a long time mind and there's plenty of alternatives out there.
Difficult game, only a few of Nestle's products carry the word "Nestle" on the label.

I love a can of Coca Cola and Philadelphia cream cheese sandwich for lunch and no amount of guilt will take them from me. Also I don't like children so Nestle are doing me a massive favour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.