The Civilian Party
0%
Anyone els eI forgot
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

The BE Exit Poll Party

Old Sep 20th 2014, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default The BE Exit Poll Party

So lets have quick BE exit poll and see how we compare to the real thing.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The BE Exit Poll Party

Cheers be interesting see how it matches the real thing
Old Sep 20th 2014, 10:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

& it didn't match at all did it.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's a funny old world, innit? I am not surprised that National won but still feel quite let down by the outcome - like always we'll be left wondering who the heck were all those people that voted for the winner.

I am a little perplexed by the whole thing really, they do say that National run the country for the benefit of the top 10% and the gap between the rich and poor is getting bigger; the other 38% of people that voted National must hide their wealth really well.

I have noticed the shift over the past few years though, especially the media bias which appears to favour National with an increasing level of negativity and lack of compassion towards the sick, elderly or those that are otherwise down on their luck; the homeless, jobless and those that can't take care of themselves - which is quite disappointing really for a country that likes to hold itself up there as a so-called egalitarian, classless society.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
It's a funny old world, innit? I am not surprised that National won but still feel quite let down by the outcome - like always we'll be left wondering who the heck were all those people that voted for the winner.

I am a little perplexed by the whole thing really, they do say that National run the country for the benefit of the top 10% and the gap between the rich and poor is getting bigger; the other 38% of people that voted National must hide their wealth really well.

I have noticed the shift over the past few years though, especially the media bias which appears to favour National with an increasing level of negativity and lack of compassion towards the sick, elderly or those that are otherwise down on their luck; the homeless, jobless and those that can't take care of themselves - which is quite disappointing really for a country that likes to hold itself up there as a so-called egalitarian, classless society.

Completely agree, it concerns me too that NZ will completely erode it's culture of doing things for others and be consumed by 'it's all about me mentality'.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 6:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I know. Both myself and Mr BEVS are bewildered really.

77% went to the ballot box of which half must not care at all about the people of this country , nor the land.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, concur. Just because Key's a good guy, likes his rugby etc., nothing seems to stick. Will he leave legacy? I fear not.
Certainly I feel the press coverage of the election has been heavily right influenced, Hosking, Larry Williams, Plunkett from the radio and tv, John Armstrong etc. in the NZ Herald.
Scare coverage of CGT for instance, frightening the average guy that your own would be libel to CGT, and mis-representing it as a inheritance tax when there's zero element of that.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

What no mention of Peter Dunnes's United Future above, won his seat with National's help, yet ended up with 4000 less total national party votes than the Legalize Cannabis party, and narrowly beat the ban1080 party
Old Sep 21st 2014, 7:38 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Key plays middle ground politics. The fact that he is a smarmy, wealthy businessman running the country to suit business and the top of the food chain is lost on most Kiwis, it seems. He hasn't been extreme enough to concern middle NZ and in that respect his statement post election that'll he'll continue on current path suggests he'll prolly even win a fourth term.

It's unbelievable that he has wormed through Latta's documentaries, the dirty politics uproar, and the spying allegations - and he's in even better shape! The average NZer does not care much about social inequality or corrupt politics it seems
Old Sep 21st 2014, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe it is that Labour is an out-dated concept as well as being poorly led. Brilliant election result in my opinion, Hone out, the stupid German wasted his money and Winnie not the king-maker.
Old Sep 21st 2014, 11:20 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointed. Especially with Peter Dunne winning our local electorate again.
I think a friend of mine was pretty close to the mark:

The problem is that there's a perception that the blue team are the only ones who can guarantee economic progress, a large number of people seem to think that having an environmental and social conscience is going to make everyone poorer. Voting on perceived threat to the pocket, in other words.That and the fact that John Key, for all his values, is actually quite a charismatic kiwi bloke. Like David Cunliffe isn't. In fact, I'd go so far as to say David Cunliffe was the National party's best asset this election
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
& it didn't match at all did it.
Yeah, not matching even now, even with National slightly in front, Labour could still with Greens and NZ First could comfortably form a powerful coalition.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

It's all very perplexing. Some people, it seems, would like to see an investigation done on electoral fraud:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...igged/?tciKqib
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Weezer
It's all very perplexing. Some people, it seems, would like to see an investigation done on electoral fraud:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...igged/?tciKqib
I've no concerns over rigged votes, but would say scale of National's win was heavily influenced by right wing press, and failure of Big Reveal from Monday before, which probably swung the Nats votes by 2% and guaranteed they could govern alone (especially with Conservative's 4.1% votes going to waste). I don't think many of the polls had forecast the Nats could govern alone.

Certainly been some blood letting by Labour since, whatever your opinion on David Cunliffe seems like John Major he was handicapped by the b**tards behind him.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn - missed it. Would have been NZ first from me.