Census thingy

Old Mar 5th 2018, 10:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Question Census thingy

I never got any paperwork via snail mail, just popped onto the website to request a digital code but the CAPTCHA doesn't appear to be loading:

I even took a massive risk and tried to open it in Edge instead of Chrome but got the same result.

I think I'm going to fail the census! Off to gulag for me?
Old Mar 5th 2018, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Census thingy

The whole thing is a disaster
Tales everywhere of people with no forms,the elderly not being able to complete it as they don't understand or have access to online technology
I really don't know why we still bother, I'm sure all the info gleaned is already available elsewhere
Old Mar 5th 2018, 7:23 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

got the mail, lost it
Old Mar 5th 2018, 11:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Got the mail.
Did the forms online.
Puzzled over the 'Damp House' question.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 2:40 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

found it, done it
Old Mar 6th 2018, 5:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
...the elderly not being able to complete it as they don't understand or have access to online technology...
Good way to keep the oldies off the census. Next time it should be a cryptographic problem . Often it's just some minister or senior managers pet project.
I really don't know why we still bother, I'm sure all the info gleaned is already available elsewhere
So SIS can keep a close eye on those people not documenting every moment of their life on facebook?
Old Mar 6th 2018, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

I (it wasn't addressed to me personally just to the address) got the notice in the mail and completed the forms online.

No drama.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Puzzled over the 'Damp House' question.
I imagine its for health planning; they can crunch the numbers and figure out how many people likely to end up with respiratory and other health issues due to poor living conditions.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
documenting every moment of their life on facebook?
would you like to see a photo of what I had for lunch today or maybe an
affirmation of what a strong, independent single woman I am
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

would you like to see a photo of what I had for lunch today or maybe an
affirmation of what a strong, independent single woman I am
Well I certainly don't want to see what you shoved into your mouth hole and masticated yesterday afternoon.

That second one is a pickle. I don't want to appear bigoted by being unsupportive of pro-feminist agenda (it's even legal in Alabama now!) However on careful consideration of the proposition of reading a homage to lipstick feminism...

...I'm going to take the vomit option actually.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 1:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Looks like quite a few people had a similar experience, the lack of data has delayed publication of summary information to the point where the Chief Statastician has been threatened with contempt of parliament and some are calling for StatsNZ to have another go in 2021 to try to get a complete dataset.