The 'C' Word

Old Nov 28th 2015, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 'C' Word

Despite being disgustingly close to 100% humidity I am on a mission today to kick off some festive spirit.

Santa Parades across the country are abound, so I am starting off with a change of avatar and some good old free range Kiwi domestic goddessicity, with fruit marinating in the fridge for Miracle Three-Ingredient Christmas Cake - Annabel Langbein – Recipes and the Christmas cards laid out on the dining table - now need to summon up the energy to write on them.

What treats and plans do you have in store to celebrate this Kiwi Christmas?
Old Nov 28th 2015, 5:22 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'C' Word

got some presents for the kids, worked out how to make chocolate, peppermint candy cane bark without it separating. Made some grapefruit marmalade which we shall give out to some friends.
Surprising so far MrF hasn't mentioned the colour scheme yet this year, he loves Christmas decs and by now he has usually decided on a day to put them up. Mind you could be he is so busy atm. Plus we have DS 10th birthday on the 19th so need to sort stuff out for that - least its not a friends party this year just a family one - we do alternative years for parties.

No idea what we are even going to eat, in the UK we made Christmas an excuse to get "exotic meat" to see if we liked them but unfortunately not something you can get here.
So probably will be turkey and ham.

As for the actual day, depends on the weather, but will skype MrF's parents sometime and hopefully be able to get to the beach.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

It's

NOVEMBER!!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2015, 12:25 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Despite being disgustingly close to 100% humidity I am on a mission today to kick off some festive spirit.

Santa Parades across the country are abound, so I am starting off with a change of avatar and some good old free range Kiwi domestic goddessicity, with fruit marinating in the fridge for Miracle Three-Ingredient Christmas Cake - Annabel Langbein – Recipes and the Christmas cards laid out on the dining table - now need to summon up the energy to write on them.

What treats and plans do you have in store to celebrate this Kiwi Christmas?
Got to love that cake recipe - my kind of baking
Old Nov 29th 2015, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Got to love that cake recipe - my kind of baking

I was a bit sceptical until my Mum told me she made something similar with just mixed fruit, fruit juice and flour so I thought I would give it a whirl as a trial to see how it turned out. I made mine with mostly milk and a half a cup of orange juice for a bit of extra flavour and also added a couple of teaspoons of mixed spice. We just tested it this arvo with a cup of tea and no complaints; it's quite nice and dense with fruit but I would have preferred it a bit darker. I am sure it would benefit from being left for a week or two to mature with a wee feed of brandy.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 4:59 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I was a bit sceptical until my Mum told me she made something similar with just mixed fruit, fruit juice and flour so I thought I would give it a whirl as a trial to see how it turned out. I made mine with mostly milk and a half a cup of orange juice for a bit of extra flavour and also added a couple of teaspoons of mixed spice. We just tested it this arvo with a cup of tea and no complaints; it's quite nice and dense with fruit but I would have preferred it a bit darker. I am sure it would benefit from being left for a week or two to mature with a wee feed of brandy.
I will have to substitute the milk and was going to use almond milk but orange juice sounds nice.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:52 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I also did the recipe as had a BBQ to go to this afternoon. I just stuck with what was listed and everyone was surprised when I told them how easy it was and it was lovely and moist. Going to do a Christmas one with cinnamon, nutmeg and mixed spice.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 3:43 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas cake made, the Annabel Langbein recipe worked so well, never used it before.

Christmas tree is up

Mother arrives i 1 week... Countdown begins
Old Dec 1st 2015, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
It's

NOVEMBER!!!!!
It's

DECEMBER!!!!! NOW!!!

Old Dec 1st 2015, 9:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

It's

DECEMBER!!!!! NOW!!!

Well let's get on with it then

I have made my traditional Christmas cake and I shall almond paste it next week. Started writing my UK Christmas cards today, most of them done. Made some pastry for mince pies and have frozen it but that's about it.

Old Dec 1st 2015, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Wanted to change my avatar to my Christmas one but it won't work for some reason. Most disappointing, so you'll just have to continue with "Hold Me, Touch Me". Apologies.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 6:40 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The 'C' Word

Must almost be time to start boiling the veg in Britain.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

We bought our Christmas tree from IKEA today. Cost £25 and they give you a £20 voucher to spend in IKEA in January so the tree, really, only costs £5.

Sorry......
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 8:41 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The 'C' Word

I find mine after they fall off the back of a truck in the countryside. Careless truck drivers eh?
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 9:24 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I purchased our fake Christmas tree and some garden furniture from the same shop at the same time about three years ago ! Putting them all in the car on a hot bright day was a real, 'this is NZ' experience !

The irony being that the large zip up bag I bought to put the tree in cost more than the tree ! I needed a long large bag as the tree is already on it's base.

No more trying to aim the base spike of the tree into the metal dish where we would then screw the three screws into to hold it upright. Oh what 'fun' we had doing this. It's traditional !

Good excuse to bring out the booze, though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.