Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Brief Look at Mr. Trump’s Acceptance Speech

A Brief Look at Mr. Trump’s Acceptance Speech

Old Nov 10th 2016, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light
Default A Brief Look at Mr. Trump’s Acceptance Speech

“The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer. We are going to fix our inner cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals. We’re going to rebuild our infrastructure, which will become, by the way, second to none. And we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it.” Donald Trump

Some important advice for the US (and New Zealand) from Ellis Winningham:

A Brief Look at Mr. Trump’s Acceptance Speech - Ellis Winningham

Last edited by LoCarb; Nov 10th 2016 at 1:30 am.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:40 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: A Brief Look at Mr. Trump’s Acceptance Speech

What trump wants and what will get congressional approval are likely very different things.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Bobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Brief Look at Mr. Trump’s Acceptance Speech

I'm not sure he will have too many issues. He is a Republican President (or will be) and the Republicans hold the majority in both the house and senate. This means that the republicans will be able to easily push through most of the stuff the want.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobogib
I'm not sure he will have too many issues. He is a Republican President (or will be) and the Republicans hold the majority in both the house and senate. This means that the republicans will be able to easily push through most of the stuff the want.
What about the filibuster rules in the Senate ? The Republican senators such as Graham and the majority leader in the Senate are part of and believe in the current elite vision of the world.

Trump may find beating Clinton easier than dealing with the US Senate.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Bobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond reputeBobogib has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
What about the filibuster rules in the Senate ?
I forgot about that. That will just slow things down though surely? Trump is also part of the rich elite, so I don't think any changes he makes are likely to affect his position. I don't for one minute believe his comment about becoming the President for all Americans, he will likely protect himself/ friends and associated interests.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

If Trump doesn't deliver and becomes another elitist then the people will use democracy again and again until they realize that mainstream parties will ultimately protect their own interests, eventually there might be a political uprising at some stage. People need to understand why Trump was elected, he clung to many issues that Americans are passionate about, immigration, ban on abortion, corruption in wall street and the destruction of American industries etc. Many of these things Obama said he was gonna change and it has only got worse. Obama like all others was a failure. People are angry in the US and even in the UK with Brexit. Due to so much independent journalism widely available through our smartphone the mainstream media doesn't mold peoples minds to a certain way of thinking anymore and thats why they were so shocked at the recent events this year especially with this election, they are confused their media bombardment no longer is working on people anymore
Old Nov 16th 2016, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon the independent journalism on our smartphones did more harm than good. These journalists can say what they like and there is never any responsibility to be accurate. If you say Clinton is the most corrupt person ever and should be thrown in jail often enough, a lot of people will believe it and vote accordingly. But I never saw any convincing evidence. Instead, the free world are lumbered with a joke of a man who bullied and lied his way to the top job. My opinion
Old Nov 16th 2016, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by garethwm
I reckon the independent journalism on our smartphones did more harm than good. These journalists can say what they like and there is never any responsibility to be accurate. If you say Clinton is the most corrupt person ever and should be thrown in jail often enough, a lot of people will believe it and vote accordingly. But I never saw any convincing evidence. Instead, the free world are lumbered with a joke of a man who bullied and lied his way to the top job. My opinion
She said "We Came, We Saw, He Died".

That's enough in my book. She's an evil warmonger.

Old Nov 16th 2016, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoCarb
She said "We Came, We Saw, He Died".

That's enough in my book. She's an evil warmonger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y
She is that. She puts over such a benign front eh? Democratic party and all. I really thought they were the 'good guys'. How wrong was I? Just as well I have withdrawn my vote, ill informed voters (anywhere in the world) like me can be very dangerous!
Old Nov 16th 2016, 8:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by paddy234
If Trump doesn't deliver and becomes another elitist
He's already one of those. Has been since birth.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS
He's already one of those. Has been since birth.
I mean through his actions as president
Old Nov 17th 2016, 4:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by paddy234
I mean through his actions as president
Ah! I see.

He is steeped.

Without empathy , he is unlikely to see other than the usual elitist power & manipulation. The delivery is all that is different.

I hope for surprise.

Meanwhile. Is it actually Trump that makes those Tweets?

Seems somewhat juvenile.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobogib
I forgot about that. That will just slow things down though surely? Trump is also part of the rich elite, so I don't think any changes he makes are likely to affect his position. I don't for one minute believe his comment about becoming the President for all Americans, he will likely protect himself/ friends and associated interests.
Actually the 60 vote requirement to avoid filibuster can effectively block much legislation.

One unknown about Trump is except for the thrust of his approach about different issues it is hard to know what was aid for being elected and what he will push for.