Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / New Zealand / The Sheep Dip

Old Sep 30th 2017, 4:08 pm   #1
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The bloody ball and stick game - Cricket 2017/18

Yes, it’s that time of year again when we speculate about where in the order the New Zealand batting collapse will take place and there is a busy schedule this summer:

West Indies tour in December,
Pakistan tour in January,
There is a Twenty20 tri-series with Australia and England in February,
England tour in March.

All BlackCaps fixtures and fittings.

I'm just hoping at that point British media will stop prefacing Ben Stokes with "New Zealand born cricket player..." because we already have Jesse Ryder to do the drunken punch-ups.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 9:13 pm   #2
Clappy Male
Forum Regular

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The bloody ball and stick game - Cricket 2017/18

I have been looking forward to being in New Zealand for an England cricket tour for a very long time.

It is disappointing though that McLean Park in Napier still hasn't sorted its drainage out so the ODI that was going to be there has been moved.
Clappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st 2017, 1:04 am   #3
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The bloody ball and stick game - Cricket 2017/18

I thought they "fixed" McLean park for the 2015 world cup but it looks like you are right, will be out of action for a while as they need to have a proper look.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 9:07 am   #4
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
Yes, it’s that time of year again when we speculate about where in the order the New Zealand batting collapse will take place and there is a busy schedule this summer:

West Indies tour in December,
Pakistan tour in January,
There is a Twenty20 tri-series with Australia and England in February,
England tour in March.

All BlackCaps fixtures and fittings.

I'm just hoping at that point British media will stop prefacing Ben Stokes with "New Zealand born cricket player..." because we already have Jesse Ryder to do the drunken punch-ups.
Yeah before then, this month NZ play a few ODIs and T20s in India, no tests though probably as well given the stuffing the Aussies and England have suffered recent tours there.
Speaking of the latter two, the Ashes kick off next month too.
chocolate cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 10:45 am   #5
Truth is the safest lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate cake View Post
...kick off...
Unfortunate .
Old Oct 25th 2017, 11:04 am   #6
Truth is the safest lie.

After revelations today about the India series may I be the first to say that if any New Zealand player or staff member is implicated in match fixing or similar Spanish business they should never play in a league organised by or be involved with NZ Cricket again. Similarly if someone knew something and didn't speak out. The last thing we need is a repeat of the last cheating saga...
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:11 am   #7
Truth is the safest lie.

Bloody Ben Stokes.

Anyway good first day of ball-throwing, WI all out for 134. Wagner taking 7-39.
Charismatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / New Zealand / The Sheep Dip