billy connolly

Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default billy connolly

Well went to the gig at west pac ........ oh how i laughed, tears were runing down my face, almost made me feel a little homesick, but loved every second of it. And yes a crumpet is a crumpet, no other words for it

So anybody that is still to see him, you will love it.

Anybody else go ?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:09 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: billy connolly

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Well went to the gig at west pac ........ oh how i laughed, tears were runing down my face, almost made me feel a little homesick, but loved every second of it. And yes a crumpet is a crumpet, no other words for it

So anybody that is still to see him, you will love it.

Anybody else go ?
Yup going on Monday in Wellington. Looking forward to it! - He's part of the reason I'm here - saw his programmes on NZ and it got me hooked
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Barpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant future

Yeah....I was there on Friday too and it was brilliant.......so funny! worth the (lots of) money.....proper comedy!

I must admit I had a bit of a fondness for home again after listening to him but I'm ok again now.

Barry
Old Feb 14th 2009, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Bobs Chocolate is an unknown quantity at this point

I just ordered the 'World Tour of New Zealand' DVD. A whopping £17.99 but still worth it I guess.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

We still have to wait until 1st March but I'm so excited
Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we were there. He was worth the money for sure. God only knows what goes on in his head-if you were going to be stuck in a lift with anyone-you could not do much better than the Big Yin.
I wonder if he ate his whitebait?

Lee
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

For those who were there the what to do with your arms whilst cuddling in bed was a good one. Also his impression of how to get on and off a escalator eh!!!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchy
For those who were there the what to do with your arms whilst cuddling in bed was a good one. Also his impression of how to get on and off a escalator eh!!!
loved the pikelet one ....... taking boy fishing
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:40 am
Just Joined

TheWoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Off to see him tomorow night, and its my birthday
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Saw him in Wellie last night and I have to admit he was good, the time flew by (no interval)...was never that much of a fan but maybe now I am....

He didn't seem to realise how many Brits were in the audience, talked to us like we were all Kiwis???? Some of it not PC at all - but that's what you's expect.

As soon as he walked on it was like a feeling of familiarity....been around for as long as I can remember....and weirdly I understood his Scottish accent 100% but I expect it was toned down a bit for the 'Kiwi' audience?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:45 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Off to see him Sunday.
Bob the choccie, we can lend you ours if you can copy it! That's fiddy bucks bro!!!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Saw him last night in Welly, was fantastic, not sure how he keeps up with all his stories I had trouble following them half the time.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Saw him in Wellie last night and I have to admit he was good, the time flew by (no interval)...was never that much of a fan but maybe now I am....

He didn't seem to realise how many Brits were in the audience, talked to us like we were all Kiwis???? Some of it not PC at all - but that's what you's expect.

As soon as he walked on it was like a feeling of familiarity....been around for as long as I can remember....and weirdly I understood his Scottish accent 100% but I expect it was toned down a bit for the 'Kiwi' audience?
He tomed down his scottish accent years ago to allow himself to be understood by other people in the UK outwith Glasgow
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:22 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

He was very funny but we were a little bit disappointed that we'd heard a fair chunk of his material before.