Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland Marathon - 1st Nov

Auckland Marathon - 1st Nov

Old Oct 28th 2009, 9:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Auckland Marathon - 1st Nov

So which of us mad fools are taking part in this event & what distance are you doing?

I'm doing the 10.5km which originally I planned to walk/run but due to damaging the lateral meniscus in my right knee, I'm going to have to walk it all. I haven't managed to do much in the way of training but I've been walking since I was quite small, so I'm hoping that my feet know what they should do by now

Good luck to all. I'm not looking forward to the early start & I'm hoping for good weather. Why oh why did I enter this
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:16 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Auckland Marathon - 1st Nov

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
So which of us mad fools are taking part in this event & what distance are you doing?

I'm doing the 10.5km which originally I planned to walk/run but due to damaging the lateral meniscus in my right knee, I'm going to have to walk it all. I haven't managed to do much in the way of training but I've been walking since I was quite small, so I'm hoping that my feet know what they should do by now

Good luck to all. I'm not looking forward to the early start & I'm hoping for good weather. Why oh why did I enter this
You will love it hun! I felt so proud of myself doing the Taupo half-marathon and am currently looking for another to do.

Pretty sure Matewx is doing the full marathon.

Good luck to you both and anyone else.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 5:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Speaking of which , where is he. He needs winkling out of his pit.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Speaking of which , where is he. He needs winkling out of his pit.
Seems to have snuck off
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
You will love it hun! I felt so proud of myself doing the Taupo half-marathon and am currently looking for another to do.

Pretty sure Matewx is doing the full marathon.

Good luck to you both and anyone else.
Thanks love, though I'm not sure I will enjoy it
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

I'm doing the quarter marathon too

I've lived by the beginners training plan on their website right up until last weekend when I got a rubbish virus and cold thing which has wiped me out. Up and running again now but I don't think Paula Radcliffe has anything to worry about

So, vitalstats are you up for more running? I'm teetering on the edge of joining the marathon club and knocking out a few 10kms in the Run Auckland series.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:03 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Here I am...

Missed me??

I am indeed running on Sunday... However, the Half Marathon will be enough on this occasion!

I have had to up my running the past few weeks & at the same time tourists have decided to start coming back in Auckland & particularly my hotel... So been busy busy I have...

I shall report back on Sunday arvo n update you all with my time... Let's hope I don't make a fool of myself Now, there's a thought!

Good luck to you Vitalstatistix...

Think of us who have to cross the harbour for a 6.45 am start am looking at the 5:45 ferry, so up at 4/4:15

Who else is running??
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Matewx
Here I am...

Missed me??

I am indeed running on Sunday... However, the Half Marathon will be enough on this occasion!

I have had to up my running the past few weeks & at the same time tourists have decided to start coming back in Auckland & particularly my hotel... So been busy busy I have...

I shall report back on Sunday arvo n update you all with my time... Let's hope I don't make a fool of myself Now, there's a thought!

Good luck to you Vitalstatistix...

Think of us who have to cross the harbour for a 6.45 am start am looking at the 5:45 ferry, so up at 4/4:15

Who else is running??
Thanks mate & Thanks to Hosebergine too Not sure I'm upto any running yet. Got an appointment with an orthopod a week Friday. Hoping he will operate on my knee . I've never been much of a runner TBH, boobs tend to get in the way (even when well-supported).

We are leaving Gulf Harbour at 5.15am

& yes I missed you Matewx
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:26 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
We are leaving Gulf Harbour at 5.15am
Blimey that's a bit of a warm up, if I'm driving past you down SH1 I'll give you a toot!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

What time are you aiming to get to CBD then vitalstats?

My OH is 'delighted' at the prospect on an early start. I can placate my 4yr old with the bouncy castle that is rumored to be there and my 15mth old will be happy as long as there's something to eat. I guess OH will have to make do a nap when we get back home or just enjoy the lycra-fest!!

As for your boobs, getting in the way - You're not supposed to run on your boobs
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lardyl
Blimey that's a bit of a warm up, if I'm driving past you down SH1 I'll give you a toot!
Meany, give us a lift
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hosebergine
What time are you aiming to get to CBD then vitalstats?

My OH is 'delighted' at the prospect on an early start. I can placate my 4yr old with the bouncy castle that is rumored to be there and my 15mth old will be happy as long as there's something to eat. I guess OH will have to make do a nap when we get back home or just enjoy the lycra-fest!!

As for your boobs, getting in the way - You're not supposed to run on your boobs
That's what happens with gravity when you get to my age

I think we should be there at about 6am. Four of us going in the same car of which 3 of us are taking part. One of the gang works in the CBD & we'll be using her carpark. Then our gym will be putting up a gazebo for afterwards & we are taking some food with us. I've been told to make cake!!!!

My OH is remaining in bed
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:57 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I shall hang around the 2XU since I joined the 2XU team & will be proudly wearing my black 2XU T Shirt
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:53 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck you brave souls!!
Admire you all for having a go....if only my old joints would let me...ahhh!
B x
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MnB
Good luck you brave souls!!
Admire you all for having a go....if only my old joints would let me...ahhh!
B x
Thanks muchly

Matewx, I shall look out for you I shall be with the Inshape Studio team. Not sure whether I shall wear there T-shirt or the official race one. Decisions, decisions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.