Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Work in Sweden after undergrad degree

Work in Sweden after undergrad degree

Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ugo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work in Sweden after undergrad degree

Hi all,
sorry if I'm reposting this. I'm sure I started this thread already but I cannot find it anywhere...
Maybe was deleted? Hope not...

Anyway, basically I wanted to ask if you have any advice for a newly graduated in Swedish and German language who wants to find a job in Sweden.
Possibly in the field of translation and/or turism so to have the chance to practice not only the Swedish language but also to be active in translating and interpreting.

P.S. no, it's not me (I'm well past my undrgraduate degree, unfortunately ). It's just that my brother asked me for an advice and, given I don't have any, I'm asking you

Cheers
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

sun67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work in Sweden after undergrad degree

There are always jobs in Sweden to be had, but whether they are what he will want to do, is another thing entirely. It certainly helps to speak the language. I moved back to Sweden in the summer after five years back in the UK - last time I was unable to find work, and it was a huge contributory factor in why we did return to the UK. This time around, I work as a freelance writer - it kills to birds with one stone! I work through oDesk, and they often have Swedish/English (as well as German/English) translation jobs, so maybe something like that is a possibility? At least he will be able to work, and be in Sweden to practice his spoken Swedish?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ugo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond repute

oDesk you say? Interesting, thank you

This is exactly the information I'm looking for as the major difficulty is actually to get to know where to ask for a job

cheers!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

No worries! Glad I could help! If he needs any more advice, just ask
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sun67
No worries! Glad I could help! If he needs any more advice, just ask
well, if you know any other website where it might be worth looking, please let me know
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

These might be a start:

http://work.sweden.se/

http://www.arbetsformedlingen.se/Glo...-engelska.html