Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

What's so good about Sweden?

What's so good about Sweden?

Old May 12th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What's so good about Sweden?

Originally Posted by mazz1
Know wat you mean my uncle was killed by japs,guess we all have our grudges. Already bored of meatballs,korv and lets not forget sill, couldn't believe that they eat it all year then have it for christmas dinner.
Or takeaway pizza. After 2 years I'm ready to kill for a proper chippy.
Old May 12th 2009, 2:02 pm
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celtic Princess
Or takeaway pizza. After 2 years I'm ready to kill for a proper chippy.
Yeh, miss all that stuff the chippy, KFC,getting takeaway delivered popping to the supermarket whatever the time and getting a bottle of wine and my favorite proper cream cakes.
Old May 13th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

Getting any cakes. You can only eat so many kanelbulle before you never want to eat another one in you whole life. I would love a custard slice, or a custard tart, or a belgian bun, or a fresh cream apple turnover. MR KIPLING, WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED US!
Old May 13th 2009, 11:15 am
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

Getting any cakes. You can only eat so many kanelbulle before you never want to eat another one in you whole life. I would love a custard slice, or a custard tart, or a belgian bun, or a fresh cream apple turnover. MR KIPLING, WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED US!
I actually had a dream last night that i was shopping in Tesco gliding up and down the isles loading everything i wanted into the trolly, this included paracetamol,cough mixture and a bottle of dettol ( obviously going to the apoteket bothers me on a subconscious level) here comes the crunch.When we got to the carpark i loaded my shopping on to the reindeer and flew back.
Old May 14th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm going back for the first time this summer. We're driving and taking the trailer which shall be filled at Asda before returning.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:05 pm
born to be mild

I'm going back for the first time this summer. We're driving and taking the trailer which shall be filled at Asda before returning.
Jealous! we are looking for decent kenneling for the dog and planning a trip back in winter,do have family coming in august tho so will make some requests then.
Old May 15th 2009, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

If you are stuck for kenneling and don't mind a detour upto Goteborg, we can dog sit. We have 2 westies. They are going with us, hence the mammoth trek halfway round the world to get there.
Old May 15th 2009, 1:26 pm
born to be mild

If you are stuck for kenneling and don't mind a detour upto Goteborg, we can dog sit. We have 2 westies. They are going with us, hence the mammoth trek halfway round the world to get there.
Ahh thanks we could do the same for you..will think on it .I find the swedes a little hard on dogs from what i've seen anyway.On a different subject have you had a decent haircut yet,mines just been murdered for the second time two different places.I usually have a feathered bob,currently looking more like a tweeny
Old May 15th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nope. Based on what I've seen here I would end up with some 80s nightmare. They ain't getting near my mane. I'll have it done when I'm in England. It's now so long that I can sit on it.

And you're so right about the dogs. I took mine to the vets and couldn't believe the way they were handled. The guy was like a butcher with a slab of meat. My poor babies were so scared. And people look at me like I'm an alien when I say my dogs sleep on the bed next to me. I even had them as bridesmaids at my wedding.
Old May 15th 2009, 3:07 pm
born to be mild

Nope. Based on what I've seen here I would end up with some 80s nightmare. They ain't getting near my mane. I'll have it done when I'm in England. It's now so long that I can sit on it.

And you're so right about the dogs. I took mine to the vets and couldn't believe the way they were handled. The guy was like a butcher with a slab of meat. My poor babies were so scared. And people look at me like I'm an alien when I say my dogs sleep on the bed next to me. I even had them as bridesmaids at my wedding.
not strange at all mine sleeps not only on the bed but in it if she wants......on the furniture basically she is one of us.Have a think on it, it's a long journey in a hot car with two dogs, you could travel down the day before stop over night we have plenty of room .....i'm sure we could give you a lift to the train station it's about 200 kr each to copenhagen the train takes you inside the airport and flights go all over the uk.It may be a better option and no worries about crossing borders.