Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Whats so good about Sweden 2

Whats so good about Sweden 2

Old Jan 1st 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Borje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to all
Default Whats so good about Sweden 2

I feel that i want to ansew to a old thread where a Norwegian wrote

Move to Norway,Sweden is ok for the Sweds and Germans,If your ok with the fact that Sweden sold steel plate to the Nazis during the war for the building of warships and that the Swedish police gave up Royal Marine commandos to the Nazi Gestapo then by all means move there and intergrate with the "Helvete svenske"

Hei ,Its very hard to forget,i am from the north of Norway a place called Alta,its just one of those episodes that should never have happened,British and Norwegian Commandos escaped the Nazis in Narvik by walking over Bjørne Fjelle ( Bear mountain),they thought they would be ok in neutral Sweden,but alas they were handed over by the police in Kiruna to the gestapo who after torturing them executed them,and of course its hard for anybody who isnt Norwegian to understand the relasionship between Norwegians and Swedes,anyway you enjoy Sweden mazz1,hope you dont get tired of meatballs or pytti panna,
Well if you judge countries and people for what happen 60-70 year ago you will have to include a whole lot of countries that you are going to have problems with.

I am from Kiruna and I have never experience bad relations between us and people from Narvik. It’s a historic fact that people from our town supported Norwegians independence from Sweden. There are more god examples of how we helped people from Norway during the Second World War than the opposite.

It is how ever true that Sweden did sell Machine parts ore and other things to Nazi Germany and also permitted Nazi troops to transit trough Sweden.

But I would like to ask you this. How do you think that Adolf Hitler came to Power? Who financed Adolf Hitler and he’s army’s?

What responsibility do I or other Sweds Americans or Germans have today for what happend 70 years ago. I think it's really sad to read that attitude from a modern Nowegian.

http://www.reformed-theology.org/htm...s/wall_street/

Sweden is a country that is not homogeny by nature culture climate. It varies very much from north to south. Living standard I would say is quite high. Where I live we have high salaries and houses apartments are cheap. That means that people have money to have an active lifestyle.

Last edited by Borje S; Jan 1st 2011 at 7:16 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats so god about Sweden 2

Yes, it does no good to bear grudges for the actions of previous generations. Hitler may have been one of the most evil people who ever lived but so was Oliver Cromwell. A lot of the hatred which gave rise to the terrorism in Northern Ireland stemmed from the atrocities committed by Cromwell and his cronies but we can't put the clock back and do things differently. Brits also have slavery to be ashamed of but that also was a long time ago. It's a bit like reading about Vikings and assuming all modern day Norwegians must be rapists and pillagers.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Borje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to allBorje S is a name known to all

Nice scenery from Sweden

Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

My home town has to move !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3694204.stm

http://www.strangeharvest.com/mt/arc...a_the_town.php
Old Jan 11th 2011, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

blue_blanket is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Those articles were really interesting. Good luck to you! Is your house being moved too?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

It is very interesting to live here when the big changes of our city starts. It is a slow process that will take 20-30 years. But we can see that things start to change with a new railroad that is under construction. The infra-structure for electricity has already been built.

This means that there are a lot of jobs for everybody. I decided 3 months ago to change job and in 2 days i got 3 new jobs. Well paid interesting work. I did change and it feels really fun to experience a kind of Klondike situation.

My house does not have to move.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Whats so good about Sweden 2

Whats so god about Sweden. Here are some pictures from my part of the county. I would say wonderful nature

Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Borje S
Whats so god about Sweden. Here are some pictures from my part of the county. I would say wonderful nature

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RbaD1ALj7rc&feature=related
Ah there you are. Tell me something please. When are the world junior hockey championships being held in sweden? We want to attend if possible but getting conflicting info on dates.....
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Here i am

2012 JVC for U20 in Canada, Pengrowth Saddledome i Calgary and Rexall Place i Edmonton, 26 december 2011-5 January 2012
2013 JVC för U20 i Russia 26 december 2012-5 January 13
2014 JVC för U20 :Not decided: Canada wants to
2015 JVC för U20 :Not decided: USA wants to

Thats the best answer anybody can give you. IIHF championships for seniors is an alternative. Finland and Sweden arranges championship in 2012.

Last edited by Borje S; Jan 19th 2011 at 3:33 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:44 pm
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RbaD1ALj7rc&feature=related
Looks great...hows your winter way up north??
Old Jan 19th 2011, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

This winter has been really cold. I would say that the average temp has been below minus 15 long periods witch is very cold in my town. We have about 1 meter of snow. Usually people believe that it gets colder further north, this is how ever not always the truth. Our town is at 500 m above sea level on a hill. That means that cold air drifts down in the surrounding valleys.

Here are temperatures in the city and in valleys surrounding our town

But as i said this winter has been very cold. Last week the sun rise above the horizon for the first time in 30 days and that feels nice. Every week we get about 65 minutes more daylight and one can really feel that know.

And you can watch what it looks like in my photo gallery

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...&ppuser=156388

Last edited by Borje S; Jan 19th 2011 at 7:01 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mazz1
Looks great...hows your winter way up north??
Can you tell us a little about Listerby ? I have visit your region but i am sorry i dont remember your village
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

To celebrate the return of the sun

Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Here i am

2012 JVC for U20 in Canada, Pengrowth Saddledome i Calgary and Rexall Place i Edmonton, 26 december 2011-5 January 2012
2013 JVC för U20 i Russia 26 december 2012-5 January 13
2014 JVC för U20 :Not decided: Canada wants to
2015 JVC för U20 :Not decided: USA wants to

Thats the best answer anybody can give you. IIHF championships for seniors is an alternative. Finland and Sweden arranges championship in 2012.
Thanks so much. We thought that sweden was hosting the 2012 IIHF championships - so we will see you there.......
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

You sure will and you are most welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.