Visa Forms

Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough
Default Visa Forms

I'm wondering if anyone else has applied for residency permits to live in Sweden, particularly from the US?

The new online format seems pretty good, and apparently takes less time than the mail in forms, but does anyone have any first hand experience with that?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

David Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really nice
Default Re: Visa Forms

Hi Beccarose

I'm not sure how much investigation you have done for this outside of the US web sites but this is a good place to get some tips, it's the Swedish version (In English) of the states INS. http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/498_en.html

I personally don't have any experience of the forms you are talking about but if i can can help with more info or tips drop it here in the forum.

//David
Old Feb 1st 2012, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough

Thanks David, yes, I have checked out the migrationsverket site, that's actually what I am refering to by "online" forms as that is where they are offered. Before Dec it seemed the only option was the mail in printed out forms from the embassy site. Was just curious if anyone had gone that route (online application) and if it is recommended over the mail in version.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

David Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really niceDavid Armstrong is just really nice

The thing I have found generally here in Sweden when it comes to on-line forms (Blanketter), is they are always seem to be very comprehensive and get processed quicker. Any queries they may have from the information you supply is generally answered in the e-mail address you give (most cases). Sweden has been turning over to a paperless system these last 15 years and it seems to work very well. Everything from child benefit to Tax returns, in fact any government dept.
From my experience of living here these last 15 years and using an array of different government forms I would without doubt recommend an on-line form over the old fashioned "snail mail" route.