Sweden calling!

Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

jbeynon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sweden calling!

Hi as a new member to this forum i was hoping to gain some advice on finding work in Stockholm, Sweden.
Having met a Swedish partner im looking to quit my present job and relocate quite soon. I have been looking for work via the net but am finding my lack of Swedish language skills a problem right now!
Im planning on undertaking an intensive Swedish course at a language school once there but was after some favourable advice or jobsite advice / offers from those in the know!
Hope you can advise!

Regards
J
Old Mar 10th 2004, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

spikedhope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sweden calling!

Originally posted by jbeynon
Hi as a new member to this forum i was hoping to gain some advice on finding work in Stockholm, Sweden.
Having met a Swedish partner im looking to quit my present job and relocate quite soon. I have been looking for work via the net but am finding my lack of Swedish language skills a problem right now!
Im planning on undertaking an intensive Swedish course at a language school once there but was after some favourable advice or jobsite advice / offers from those in the know!
Hope you can advise!

Regards
J
What kind of work are you looking for? I moved to Stockholm from the UK 5 years ago.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Sweden calling!

Originally posted by spikedhope
What kind of work are you looking for? I moved to Stockholm from the UK 5 years ago.

Hi spikedhope,

sorry for the delay ...just flown back from Stockholm this evening!

Well my background and qualifications are in project management and construction based projects (refurbs) etc

i am now pretty much open minded about undertaking any kind of work as it is more essential that i relocate PDQ!

would be grateful for any advice! ... i know the employment market in sweden isnt so hopeful at the mo ... so i guess beggars cant be choosers! ANY HELP APPRECIATED!

regards
J
Old Mar 16th 2004, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Pagurine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work in Stockholms

You can get all kind of information in English about Stockholms at the address below: www.paguro.net.
You have to register but it is free. I have seen information on job and career and language lessons.

Hope this will help

Pagurine
Old Mar 17th 2004, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Hi P, thanks for the link !
Old May 18th 2004, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Well things are moving in the right direction .... just secured a job in Sales (summits and conferences) with a british firm called Marcus Evans right in the centre of Stockholm ! ....just quit my cushy well paid number here today and start there mid june! any of our expats friends work or worked for Marcus Evans ??? any tales / experiences please??
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:04 am
Violent Potato Promotor

Ophelia will become famous soon enough

Just joined a couple of weeks ago. How is life working out in Sweden? Ive been here for over 8 months now and Ive got to say you really landed on your feet with that job, well done! all I've managed to get is crummy part time jobs so far (telesales - went no where and now cleaning) and I did my degree in swedish so I spoke the lingo fluently before I got here. But there you go.
What do you think of swedish life?
Old Aug 27th 2004, 11:01 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

I just left Sweden a year ago. My experiences weren't that great, but I hope you're settling in well

-Becs
Old Aug 28th 2004, 11:17 am
Violent Potato Promotor

Ophelia will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Becs
I just left Sweden a year ago. My experiences weren't that great, but I hope you're settling in well

-Becs
Oh, what went wrong with Sweden? I know there can be some problems with settling in here and to be honest, a year on, I am still having the same problems.... have you moved back home now?