Reload this Page >

Some thoughts after 40 years in Sweden

Some thoughts after 40 years in Sweden

Old Sep 27th 2013, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Annabel12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some thoughts after 40 years in Sweden

Originally Posted by edp
Its not a hard language on paper, its often hard to understand what people are saying and make yourself understood.
Exactly

Originally Posted by edp

Perssonnummer took a significant percentage of my lifespan.
I haven't got mine yet and I'm using provisional one, so far this works so screw the personnumer. The funniest bit is that average Skatteverket's member of staff doesn't get what's this temporary number even though I got it from them! I have it on the F-skatt registration paper but when I quote it they're like 'Eeeer... eeeer... there's something wrong with this number' - really?? Then why the hell it's on your system? They have no bloody clue but I take advantage of it.
Originally Posted by edp
I find that worrying that when i need help, you will struggle to get the help you need.
So far I was lucky to get help when I needed it but I haven't dealt with doctors yet But I dealt with vets! My kitty needs a surgery but after 2 visits I'm dreading to sign a paperwork and let them do it! (Bastards didin't even say 'Hello' to her, poor thing was treated like an object not subject, medicines were out of stock, the bill was huge - for nothing really - and this clinic has very good reputation, believe it or not )
It's not that bad here, you just gotta adapt, no way out
Old Sep 28th 2013, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ugo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edp
To answer your questions Ugo51, this is just my experience. Getting my qualifications checked is going on for 10 months now. Perssonnummer took a significant percentage of my lifespan. I think its a question of fastidious box checking. If they can't check the right boxes, you end up in the ether of a process. Anything they need from you - i.e money - is incredibly efficient, anything you need from them is incredibly slow.

It took me quite a long while to get settled down here in Scotland as well...
I guess it's never easy.

Which is pressing me (us, as I should say) to try to move asap because I know as more years go by, we'll have less and less wish to get started from scrath somewhere else.
And I sure don't want to end up staying here under this pile of clouds and constant drizzling
Old Sep 28th 2013, 9:49 pm
edp
Forum Regular

edp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really nice

Aye well its a very personal thing ultimately ugo. I have met a scottish guy here, an ex-accountant, who seemed to walk into a job with a quango-ish business loan company and he seems perfectly happy, loves the winter, probably massively admires the Swedish attitude to finance - penny pinching.

I am thinking of producing a coffee table book - 'A history of Swedish passive aggression through notes left in communal laundry rooms - 1904 to present.' This is a very big part of Swedish society and is symptomatic of a preference for not having to face anyone directly.