Reload this Page >

Marriage in Denmark

Marriage in Denmark

Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Loreley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage in Denmark

Hello people!!

My boyfriend and me are looking for ways of getting married to be able of going to england and having a life in common there (he is english, Im argentine)
Among the few options we have, today he told me about getting married in Denmark, that apparently is very easy, very quick, and requires no residence to obtain the certification.
Does anyone have some reliable information about this? do you know if the certification is valid to be shown at the british authorities and that would let me stay in the country?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2014, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage in Denmark

Marriage to a citizen is not enough to gain residence in the UK.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 2:14 am
Just Joined

So i will have to apply for a spouse visa even though marriage was celebrated in a EU country? I read that German people do that and go back to their country of origin with their non-EEA spouses withouth any trouble. I thought UK was also the case
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You can get married when and where you like, but it does not give you automatic rights to live and work in Britain.

Your boyfriend can either sponsor you through the UK immigration rules OR try what they call the Surinder Singh route which is where he moves to a European country, lives and works there for say at least a year and then moves back to the UK, applying for a family permit for you, his wife.

Just marrying him is not going to cut it.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Ok, thank you very much SanDiegogirl
Old Oct 5th 2014, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki