Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Hotel recommendation in Stockholm.

Hotel recommendation in Stockholm.

Old Sep 3rd 2015, 2:45 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hotel recommendation in Stockholm.

Hi. I'll be in Sweden judging a cocktail competition the end of October . My flight and accommodations are paid for the first three days outside of Stockholm but then I'll be traveling to Stockholm and staying there from October 25- 28. Does anyone have a hotel recommendation? I'm looking for 4 star. Pretty central. I've been looking into this hotel http://www.freyshotels.com/They have a great deal on Orbitz and I also have a promo code which would get it down to just over$100 but it seems they have a sale going on starting on Friday. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Pythagoras will become famous soon enoughPythagoras will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hotel recommendation in Stockholm.

I don’t like Stockholm and avoid it whenever I can - but did stay in an hotel there last year (not Freys), just before joining a Baltic ferry. (I wouldn’t have recommended that particular hotel to my dog – let alone other people.)

Having said that, Freys Hotel seems to be well liked by people posting comments on sites like tripadvisor, so it could be worth booking at least one night there – on the understanding you can extend the stay if you like it there.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

The Local is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hotel recommendation in Stockholm.

Freys is an ok hotel in a slightly ropey area, especially at night time.
Small *fun* fact - This hotel is on the same back street that saw an islamic militant (Taimour Abdulwahab al-Abdaly) accidentally blow himself while preparing to set off on his suicide bombing mission in 2010. He blew himself up early by mistake? before he was able to get to a the busy high street.

If you are looking for a modern clean hotel, then I would recommend the Hotel Sign (Seriously, that is the name). Its fairly central and modern.

Other hotels to consider are, Diplomat and The Grand hotel.
These may be a little more pricey and old fashioned, but should definitely meet the 4 star + requirement.