Reload this Page >

Help with language PLEASE

Help with language PLEASE

Old May 10th 2016, 3:43 am
Just Joined

liss980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with language PLEASE

Hello

I am about to open my own Relaxation Massage business. I have recently started to fall in love with everything and anything Swedish! I started to look for unique and beautiful names for my business and found some in an Untranslatable word list for Swedish words. The two that caught my eye were Mysa and Mysig, for the "untranslatable translation" that was given. It sounds like everything I want my clients to experience when they arrive in my clinic and whilst being pampered. I am just not sure if this would sound correct "Mysa Massage by Melissa" or just "Mysa Massage" or would "Mysig Massage by Melissa"be the correct way of using the words?

If you do not think this sounds right do you know of another word in Swedish that would sound lovely and mean a similar thing?

Your help is greatly appreciated and I am excited to hear your feedback!

Warm regards
Melissa
Old May 10th 2016, 8:08 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with language PLEASE

Originally Posted by liss980
Hello

I am about to open my own Relaxation Massage business. I have recently started to fall in love with everything and anything Swedish! I started to look for unique and beautiful names for my business and found some in an Untranslatable word list for Swedish words. The two that caught my eye were Mysa and Mysig, for the "untranslatable translation" that was given. It sounds like everything I want my clients to experience when they arrive in my clinic and whilst being pampered. I am just not sure if this would sound correct "Mysa Massage by Melissa" or just "Mysa Massage" or would "Mysig Massage by Melissa"be the correct way of using the words?

If you do not think this sounds right do you know of another word in Swedish that would sound lovely and mean a similar thing?

Your help is greatly appreciated and I am excited to hear your feedback!

Warm regards
Melissa
Hi from the France forum, to say that Mysa or Mysig sound good for your activity, but, combined with all the M's and S's of massage and Melissa, it's a mouthful to say. Also, before you set up your business, you should do a search among Swedish Trademarks to make sure you aren't infringing an existing one which covers your activity.
https://www.prv.se/en/trademarks/
gives info, see in particular "Is your Trademark unique?".
You aren't obliged to apply for TM registration for the name you finally choose, but it would give you protection in case some one else copies it and takes away clients.
That's my pennyworth, based on experience working in Intellectual Property. Hope it's of some help!
Old Jul 7th 2016, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help with language PLEASE

Mysa is the infinitive form of the verb.

Mysig is the adjective.

So I think you want (en) mysig massage.