Reload this Page >

Anyone left Sweden for the UK?

Anyone left Sweden for the UK?

Old Dec 11th 2017, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

SilverCar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone left Sweden for the UK?

Hi All

Coming up to 10 years as an expat over in Sweden and thinking of packing the family up and moving back to the UK, wondered if anyone on here had done the same and would care to share their experiences. Nursery aged kids so shouldn't be too much of a hassle for them

Cheers /S
Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone left Sweden for the UK?

You're more likely to find people with relevant experience over in the Moving Back to the UK forum.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mike1001 is on a distinguished road

I moved back to the UK for 9 months. I could hardly wait to return to Sweden! It wasn’t the country I left 10 or 11 years ago.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SilverCar
Hi All

Coming up to 10 years as an expat over in Sweden and thinking of packing the family up and moving back to the UK, wondered if anyone on here had done the same and would care to share their experiences. Nursery aged kids so shouldn't be too much of a hassle for them

Cheers /S
Have you consider taking up Swedish citizenship before returning to the UK if not already done so? It can be useful to have another EU citizenship after Brexit.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Magnus_63 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't say useful, I'd say necessary. otherwise Sweden (and any other EU nation) won't give you more than a 90 day allowance as a Tourist.
Working and living in Sweden (and EU) will require working permit, residency permit etc.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

neutralobserver is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved permanently to Sweden June 2017 after many years of traveling in and out and owning property. Fabulous quality of life compared to London and I will never go back. Married a Swede and we have a toddler now. Just moving to a new house in March in Stockholm. Highly recommended.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

neutralobserver is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting residency / personal number can be slightly tricky unless you have a company doing it all for you.