Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Scandinavia

Thread Tools
Old Mar 24th 2017, 6:11 pm   #1
Just Joined
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Runesmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family-Joining Law: apply in advance?

I'm British, which means that for now I'm an EU citizen (till 2019, apparently, so we have to hurry!) and my wife is Danish. That means she can move to Sweden with no problems, and I should be OK for temporary residence too.

However, we've been told that in this situation it's possible for me to apply for *permanent* residence in advance, and get a final decision before we move. And we'd much rather do it that way, and know where we stand, than wait till the application after 5 years. By that time we will have sold our UK house, bought a Swedish place, moved and put down roots... and it would be a disaster if I was turned down. We'd much rather know now.

The people on the phone at Migrationsverket don't seem to know about this procedure, but they only seem to have been trained to deal with refugees and don't know the rules on EU or Norse citizens. Does anyone here know if it really exists, and if so, how do we apply?
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Scandinavia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT. The time now is 6:24 am.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com