Fire Engineering in Denmark

Fire Engineering in Denmark

Old Jul 14th 2013, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

MrBiscuits is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fire Engineering in Denmark

Hi all...

I'm new round here

I'm a fire engineer in England, alarms, extinguishers etc etc... Looking to move to Denmark in the next couple of years.

Does anyone know of companies in Denmark doing this sort of work? Other than Falck...?

I'm after some vague ideas. Expected salaries, qualifications required. Is there a trade union from that discipline...

Gleaning this stuff from the Net seems difficult. If anyone had some experience here it would be gratefully received.

Many thanks. Biscuits
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Rasmus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fire Engineering in Denmark

It's a bit difficult, as almost anything related to fire, is handled by Falck or the municipal fire departments. The parent company of Falck is G4S, which also used to be a Danish company. However their “career site” is very lacking in actual jobs. Their Danish career site is lacking an English version.

Even as a native Danish speaker, I'm struggling to find a single vacant, full time job related to firefighting and -prevention. There doesn't seem to be a unified job site.

The best advise is to contact Beredskabsforbundet. There are a lot of phone numbers on their contact page. It is a private organisation, working closely with the public emergency management units. I think they might be the best place to get information about potential vacancies in your area.

The firefighters union have this site. Being union-related, of course there are more than one. And splinter groups. But this one seems to be fairly legit.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

MrBiscuits is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rasmus
It's a bit difficult, as almost anything related to fire, is handled by Falck or the municipal fire departments. The parent company of Falck is G4S, which also used to be a Danish company. However their “career site” is very lacking in actual jobs. Their Danish career site is lacking an English version.

Even as a native Danish speaker, I'm struggling to find a single vacant, full time job related to firefighting and -prevention. There doesn't seem to be a unified job site.

The best advise is to contact Beredskabsforbundet. There are a lot of phone numbers on their contact page. It is a private organisation, working closely with the public emergency management units. I think they might be the best place to get information about potential vacancies in your area.

The firefighters union have this site. Being union-related, of course there are more than one. And splinter groups. But this one seems to be fairly legit.
That's a good place to start, thank-you mate
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:56 am
Just Joined

expathammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mate im based in Malmö,Sweden just accross from Copenhagen the best thing to do is find out the governing bodies or search out trade shows and they normally then have a list of companies and you start finding out more and more.
Im a Security Engineer to but for CCTV,Alarms have worked Fire but not over here.

Use google translate to findout what the words are you need to search then type them into google or to google.dk where you will get Danish results instead of UK ones.

Try these links/companies below mate and good luck,its hard for expat,learn language before you move over,its very hard to get work as theyd rather hire a native(in Sweden anyway) who is bi lingual and a citizen and lived all their life with their laws and ways.
In UK im a high grade engineer but in Sweden im nothing,out of work for 27months now because i struggle with the language.

DANISH INSTITUTE OF FIRE AND SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
Jernholmen, 12
DK-2650 HVIDOVRE

Phone : +45: 3634 9000
Fax : +45: 3634 9001

Email : [email protected]

http://en.dbi-net.dk/

http://www.teknologiportalen.dk/EN/Contact/Dift/

Lycka Till from Sweden
Dal