Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO DENMARK WITH NO JOB, HELP!

MOVING TO DENMARK WITH NO JOB, HELP!

Old Aug 4th 2013, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

NickyPatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MOVING TO DENMARK WITH NO JOB, HELP!

hi all,
Im planning on moving to Denmark with my girlfriend who is Danish. We have an apartment already there just outside Copenhagen. The only problem is I need a job. I don't have any professional qualifications and cant speak fluent Danish although she is teaching me. Could anyone give me any tips as to how to get a job, ANY job for now just to get the money in.
Its been suggested that its quite easy to get a job in a café/bar/restaurant in Copenhagen if you don't speak Danish. Can anyone confirm this?
Please, any advice would be very helpful for my big move.
Thanks
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:41 pm
MrX
Just Joined

MrX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MOVING TO DENMARK WITH NO JOB, HELP!

Same here,

I would also love to move to Denmark with almost no skills in hand

I have a friend there who is willing to offer accommodation for as long as I do not find a suitable job. Is it easy to find unskilled jobs in Copenhagen when you actually can't speak Danish language? I would be willing to do any sort of work as i am in short of money these days

PS: I am a UK citizen
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Yo dude, can I get your email and we can talk...? Sounds like we're in the same boat!
Old Aug 18th 2013, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrX
Same here,

I have a friend there who is willing to offer accommodation for as long as I do not find a suitable job. Is it easy to find unskilled jobs in Copenhagen when you actually can't speak Danish language? I would be willing to do any sort of work as i am in short of money these days

Dude can I get your email so we can talk more?
Old Aug 18th 2013, 10:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrX
Same here,

Why do you want to move to Scandinavia?, the cost of living there is very high, and you chances of earning a good wage would be very slight, especially as you don't speak the language. If you need to earn money quickly, and are already in the UK, then surely that is the best place to do it.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 1:48 pm
MrX
Just Joined

MrX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NickyPatel
Dude can I get your email so we can talk more?
Please PM your email to me and I will contact you as soon as possible