Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Copenhagen please help???

Anyone in Copenhagen please help???

Old Sep 10th 2014, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

stwpt is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Anyone in Copenhagen please help???

Just got a job in Copenhagen. but I'm desperate to find a place to live.

I sent load of messages on boligportal.dk and findroommate.dk but I havent got any reply.

how you guys find a flat/room in Copenhagen?

please help

Thank you very much
Stu
Old Sep 11th 2014, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Anyone in Copenhagen please help???

Old Sep 12th 2014, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Hi,
I used to live on the Swedish side, not too far from Malmö, and I know that plenty of Danes work in Copenhagen and commute via the rail Connection across the Sound Bridge to Malmö, where housing and accommodation generally are a lot cheaper than Copenhagen. Might be Worth a try googling Malmö Kommunala Bostäder (Malmö Municipal Housing) to see if they've got something.
Blackie
Old Sep 12th 2014, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Blackie,
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackladder
Hi,
I used to live on the Swedish side, not too far from Malmö, and I know that plenty of Danes work in Copenhagen and commute via the rail Connection across the Sound Bridge to Malmö, where housing and accommodation generally are a lot cheaper than Copenhagen. Might be Worth a try googling Malmö Kommunala Bostäder (Malmö Municipal Housing) to see if they've got something.
Blackie
(Just swooped in from the Italy forum

Commuting from Malmö would be costly (and why live in a provincial city – as pleasant as it is – when you could live in a lovely capital city), not to mention the potential taxation complications. In my experience there is no comparison when it comes to eating out. I have been to both Copenhagen and Malmö on about a dozen occasions in recent months: I have not yet found a bad place to eat in Copenhagen and not yet found a decent place to eat in Malmö.

I will be in Copenhagen yet again next week and will make enquiries about how to find accommodation. I think that it's quite a busy period due to university freshers. If I find out anything of any interest I'll post it here.

Pinco Pallino

PS I think that our fellow expats in Scandinavia must her very content, as there doesn't seem to be too much activity in this forum.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 9:50 am
Just Joined

EdwardWII is an unknown quantity at this point

Use couchsurfing bro!