Your Perfect Breakfast

Old Mar 22nd 2018, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Perfect Breakfast

Sauce wise I choose as and when the butty arrives. There are no hard and fast rules! To the point that a bacon / sausage sanger with Heinz curry tomato sauce is bang on! I am a massive condiment fan and tend to have a large range at home.

Sausage wise, as long as they aren't cheap crap I am happy, be they straight pork or hipster bollocks. I rarely seek out decent sausage here but when in the UK and visiting my sister in deepest darkest inbred Norfolk you can find some awesome local sausages at the road side burger vans. They come from the local farms and are truly wonderful!
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

As an aside, I once went to a cheap sausage factory in the 80s, words can't describe just how bad it was, I never ate another for years (the cheap ones, you know, 49p for 12 type - well it was a while ago).
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 9:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
As an aside, I once went to a cheap sausage factory in the 80s, words can't describe just how bad it was, I never ate another for years (the cheap ones, you know, 49p for 12 type - well it was a while ago).
My Uncle did concrete floors for factories. Once had to go and do repair work in a cider factory (one of the really cheap nasty ones) as they'd spilt some and it had eaten away at the concrete. Never drank that stuff since (not that it's pleasant but at 16 it was cheap and did the job).
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
I remember seeing a study not too long ago that looked at how much people would be willing to spend on different breakfast items.

To conclude, sausages came out on top as people willing to spend the most for a top quality sausage.

Bit of pub ammo for you, to be called a sausage, it must have a minimum of 42% pork content (hence 'bangers' get around this when you get the really poor quality stuff)
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
I remember seeing a study not too long ago that looked at how much people would be willing to spend on different breakfast items.

To conclude, sausages came out on top as people willing to spend the most for a top quality sausage.

Bit of pub ammo for you, to be called a sausage, it must have a minimum of 42% pork content (hence 'bangers' get around this when you get the really poor quality stuff)
In places like Germany and the US sausages are....... 100% meat. I was once travelling through the Pennsylvania Amish country and at a local restaurant they served apple sausages, which were pork sausages that had apples in it along with some cinnamon and clove. Sounds bizarre until you tried it and it was delicious. Savoury with just a hint of sweetness.

I always go for premium sausages including the hipster sausages. It's always great stuff. I avoid the chicken and veal and beef sausage crap. Must be pork. Must always be pork.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I was once travelling through the Pennsylvania Amish country and at a local restaurant they served apple sausages, which were pork sausages that had apples in it along with some cinnamon and clove. Sounds bizarre until you tried it and it was delicious. Savoury with just a hint of sweetness.
Lol pork and apple sausages are standard fare. Go to any Tesco, Sainsburys et al. in the UK and that will be available (especially during the summer). Great combination - explained it to a few colleagues here and they did find it strange though...
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 12:07 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I am 100% confident that on any given occasion I could eat any of you nancy boys under the table. But how the f**k do you all manage to shovel so much rancid processed shite down your gobs so early in the day?

I have to start slow and for me you can't beat a very traditional French repast of cafe au lait, the old fashioned type with half and half dark strong earthy (brewed not steamed) coffee and frothy (never foamy, foam is disgusting) hot milk, along with a meltingly buttery flakey croissant, which may be dipped in the coffee, apart from the crusty pointed bits. Unfortunately, even in Paris, such coffee seems to be impossible to find these days since it has been displaced by the ubiquitous pressurised stuff which is just not the same.

Last edited by Miss Ann Thrope; Mar 22nd 2018 at 12:56 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
Lol pork and apple sausages are standard fare. Go to any Tesco, Sainsburys et al. in the UK and that will be available (especially during the summer). Great combination - explained it to a few colleagues here and they did find it strange though...
I know. But it was different. It was sweeter and the cinnamon strong. Nothing like the sausages in the UK.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 1:33 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

The Dutch breakfast of coffee, crusty roll, boiled egg, ham and cheese is hard to beat.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Right, I am 100% confident that on any given occasion I could eat any of you nancy boys under the table. But how the f**k do you all manage to shovel so much rancid processed shite down your gobs so early in the day?

I have to start slow and for me you can't beat a very traditional French repast of cafe au lait, the old fashioned type with half and half dark strong earthy (brewed not steamed) coffee and frothy (never foamy, foam is disgusting) hot milk, along with a meltingly buttery flakey croissant, which may be dipped in the coffee, apart from the crusty pointed bits. Unfortunately, even in Paris, such coffee seems to be impossible to find these days since it has been displaced by the ubiquitous pressurised stuff which is just not the same.
I would rather slit my wrists that eat that sort of breakfast 😝
Croissants are despicable and milk is baby food
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 5:50 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
I would rather slit my wrists that eat that sort of breakfast 😝
Croissants are despicable and milk is baby food
Outside. Now.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope

Oh the irony.

Anyway, a breakfast isn't necessarily for 7am, a midday one suits just fine. However you're probably on your third weird coffee by that time. I've never really got the coffee thing, other than a short espresso with a decent grappa (and I'm thinking this might be the first time we kind of agree).
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I despise everything about coffee, the taste, the smell - EVERYTHING! It's vile.

As for eating things at different times, I'm generally not bothered. Food is food to me. When I eat it makes a not a jot of difference.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmm....

The best coffee I ever had was in a mountain hut in the Italian Dolomites. A big pot of strongly brewed coffee along with a big pitcher of hot frothy milk. Slowly sipping the coffee while watching the sun rise over the mountains. A morning never to be forgotten. Just one of those perfect experiences.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Hmm....

The best coffee I ever had was in a mountain hut in the Italian Dolomites. A big pot of strongly brewed coffee along with a big pitcher of hot frothy milk. Slowly sipping the coffee while watching the sun rise over the mountains. A morning never to be forgotten. Just one of those perfect experiences.
Did you have Grappa with it? When in Italy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.