Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

You would think the world was ending

You would think the world was ending

Old May 5th 2013, 12:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default You would think the world was ending

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-fuel-in-dubai

Some of the Quotes are unbelievable, "how am I going to pay"? The same way you always do nobhead except you may have to walk 10 yards into an air conditioned building.
Old May 5th 2013, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You would think the world was ending

Originally Posted by britexpat76
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-fuel-in-dubai

Some of the Quotes are unbelievable, "how am I going to pay"? The same way you always do nobhead except you may have to walk 10 yards into an air conditioned building.
BLLLAAAHHHTTT!!! Why is nobody coming to pander to my whims and desires?
Old May 5th 2013, 12:08 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Speechless...

Took my Dad 5 mins to show me how to master refuelling once I was on the road after passing my test and not going a penny over.......showed me how to change a tyre too...and check oil, fill radiator...ect ect..

(((( My Dad ))))
Old May 5th 2013, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Tragic.

I see it as a brucey bonus that I don't have to fill up. Having to do it again? Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, yeah I'd get sweaty in summer but **** it, you get cold in the UK in winter and it's hardly a chore.

If you'd never ever ever done it before though I can imagine it's enough of a challenge to confuse some people. I never got shown how to do it, but had watched Dad do it so managed to piece together the process of opening flap, unscrewing cap, putting the nozzle in and squeezing (this sounds filthy btw...) and then reversing it all and paying. **** me. That should be the instruction manual.
Old May 5th 2013, 12:20 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Alternatively dont fill up between 12am and 0600? Would make no difference to me as I would never be in my car between those hours.
Old May 5th 2013, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I see a massive safety issue here. How long before the first fire?
Old May 5th 2013, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I see a massive safety issue here. How long before the first fire?
Ah shit the bed that's a good point.

Money on first local to leave engine running, be on the phone and smoking? My bet is within 16 hours of no-attendants.
Old May 5th 2013, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Ah shit the bed that's a good point.

Money on first local to leave engine running, be on the phone and smoking? My bet is within 16 hours of no-attendants.
16 hours, eh? More like 16 minutes...
Old May 5th 2013, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OleJanx
16 hours, eh? More like 16 minutes...
I was being nice....
Old May 5th 2013, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was being nice....
I wouldn't waste your time - no one else around you has ever bothered...
Old May 5th 2013, 12:50 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...etrol-stations

"I don't understand the logic behind this," said Abdullah, who was with his wife at an Enoc station off Hessa Street in Dubai'.

Why does that not surprise me?
Old May 5th 2013, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

they tried this in abu dhabi for a while, it didnt last long because people still stopped at the self service pump and didnt get out of the car. i think its a good thing as i would fill up and beat the queue.....
Old May 5th 2013, 4:59 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Tragic.

I see it as a brucey bonus that I don't have to fill up. Having to do it again? Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, yeah I'd get sweaty in summer but **** it, you get cold in the UK in winter and it's hardly a chore.

If you'd never ever ever done it before though I can imagine it's enough of a challenge to confuse some people. I never got shown how to do it, but had watched Dad do it so managed to piece together the process of opening flap, unscrewing cap, putting the nozzle in and squeezing (this sounds filthy btw...) and then reversing it all and paying. **** me. That should be the instruction manual.
I never got shown what to do didn't think I'd need to be but after being out alone in the car and the light came on I obviously had to fill up up for the irst time..not a problem until I couldn't find out how to open the petrol cap and spnt 30 mins with my keys, cards and anything else I could use to pry the bloody thing open only to be shown by the bloke waiting behind me that it opens from inside the car!
Old May 5th 2013, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

fuel drips down a pristine dish dash will make it look like they've peed themselves
Old May 6th 2013, 7:26 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

"no honey, I dont want the kids in the car to see me smoke, now wait while I fill up the car"...
Im all for self-service but there are some, well most, people on the road who would be better off between an incoming comet and a hard hard place!!
and im not being nice at all right now *sweet smile*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.