Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Yas Marina "Experience"

Yas Marina "Experience"

Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Yas Marina "Experience"

This clip from the Yas Marina Circuit is going around the inter-webs at the moment. Ever tried to have a passenger ride in a 2 seater F1 car when your seatbelts aren't fixed properly? Still it was a good job she had a helmet!

Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yas Marina "Experience"

Originally Posted by fezzer
This clip from the Yas Marina Circuit is going around the inter-webs at the moment. Ever tried to have a passenger ride in a 2 seater F1 car when your seatbelts aren't fixed properly? Still it was a good job she had a helmet!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yas_TM4X0f8#t=01m10s
I suspect the helmets were the H&S busybodies not paying attention.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:04 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Belt definately not tight enough but the head bobbling is why f1 drivers spend a stupid amount of time doing specific neck strengthening exercises. The marshals and staff are all briefed to keep an eye out on the two seated laps for heads flopping around and it's not uncommon for people to black out due to the g forces under breaking and cornering.
On that one though I'd be asking for my money back (if I remember rightly it's 14 grand for 2 laps)
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I've done many track days (including the mighty Nurburgring) and also a recent track session in a GT4 at Yas. I must say that I found the level of instruction and safety at Yas to be as good, if not better than at most of the tracks in the UK.

This one is definitely a slap for the instructor, especially if she was a newbie. She's lucky to come away from that lap with little more than some cursing...