World Cup Commentators

Old Jun 16th 2010, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough
Default World Cup Commentators

As we have all been bitten by the world cup bug..
I am having the nauseating feeling of another world sporting event where the commentary/commentators seem so biased, even if you wanted to hear a word on the 'underdog/country' it's so brief and poof the game begins...

Then its like a morgue when their proponents fail miserably
aka spain.. pre game for a while I believed i caught the match late and Spain won!

So guys how do you rate the comentators?

Peter Reid
Sir Terry
Ex Uruguay
a-a-nother
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup Commentators

Originally Posted by zoukla
Peter Reid - monkeys heid
Sir Terry - since I noticed his hair and beard are white but his eyebrows are jet black I can't concentrate on anything he says
Ex Uruguay - do you Gus Poyet? If so, barely comprehensible
a-a-nother - Craig Brown is the most boring man alive and don't get me started on Hately. Are there any others??

Moreover why are there no co-commentators on any of the games? I never thought I would miss them, but I do (although not Andy Townsend). Despite making us pay to watch the games are Al J just to grippy to employ any?
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:02 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

if BBC viewers are worried about that infernal whining noise during the world cup,dont worry its just Mick McCarthy.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
As we have all been bitten by the world cup bug..
I am having the nauseating feeling of another world sporting event where the commentary/commentators seem so biased, even if you wanted to hear a word on the 'underdog/country' it's so brief and poof the game begins...

Then its like a morgue when their proponents fail miserably
aka spain.. pre game for a while I believed i caught the match late and Spain won!

Peter Reid
Sir Terry
Ex Uruguay
a-a-nother
I have yet to hear more than about twenty words or so from any commentator........ I'm mostly watching in Bahrain bars, where commentary is either drowned by the vucking fufuzelas, or turned down by management so that the waitresses can hear the drinks orders..............

Half-time analysis? During Spain v Switzerland, I noticed David Platt's lips were moving.... he's someone who usually has something intelligent to say but, again, the sound was inaudible.

The matches have mostly been poor, the organisation has (reportedly) been a shambles, but..... hey! At least we've arrested some pretty girls in orange mini-dresses, so the tournament has been a 'resounding success'!!