Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:54 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default A woman's voice makes my son "Weak & Unaware"

WTF?

I never cease to be amazed at the bullshit spouted out in this country

The National

A scam artist who tricked an emotionally unstable man into giving him money and a laptop is appealing against his one-year prison sentence for fraud.

The Emirati conman called the man and pretended to be a woman, embarking on a phone relationship with him before asking for cash and the computer.

The victim's mother told Abu Dhabi Appeals Court her son suffered from an obsession that makes him "weak and unaware" when he hears a female voice.

The case was adjourned until September 20.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 8:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A woman's voice makes my son "Weak & Unaware"

Could so easily have been:

A canny artiste who tricked an emotionally unstable man going through a mid-life crisis into giving him money in return for a lap-dance and more is appealing against her one-year prison sentence.

The artiste approached the man and pretended to be a masseuse, embarking on a 1-hour relationship with him after asking for cash and anything nice and shiny he didn't particularly want.

The victim's wife told Abu Dhabi Appeals Court her little boy suffered from an obsession that makes him "weak and unaware" when he hears a female voice, especially in a dodgy bar.

The case was adjourned until September 20, together with 427 similar ones.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Could so easily have been:

The case was adjourned until September 20, together with 427 similar ones.
Would you say that with the culture of 'online dating' in the region (due to lack of physical interaction opportunities) that this situation would be quite a large issue?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Would you say that with the culture of 'online dating' in the region (due to lack of physical interaction opportunities) that this situation would be quite a large issue?
So Emiratis don't physically date each other? I'd always thought with how hedonistic and relatively free Dubai and Abu Dhabi is, the young secretly see each other.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Ah, my mistake, was thinking of over the border. Still, it does appear they have as much a problem online as Westerners do, in that the blood flows from their head as soon as a 'woman' starts conversing with them.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
+1
Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Just wait till you've been here more than six weeks alone. Check out Friday night driving: a load of testosterone rushing around the city subconsciously following the waft of long-since departed female pheromones in the air.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Just wait till you've been here more than six weeks alone. Check out Friday night driving: a load of testosterone rushing around the city subconsciously following the waft of long-since departed female pheromones in the air.
The Pheremones? Ah yes - weren't they the resident band that played The Rattlesnake? Always wondered what would be happen to them when that place closed down......

Last edited by The Dean; Sep 16th 2012 at 2:44 am. Reason: .
Old Sep 16th 2012, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean
The Pheremones? Ah yes - weren't they the resident band that played The Rattlesnake? Always wondered what would be happen to them when that place closed down......
Working in Bahrain or Doha, forget which!
Old Sep 16th 2012, 7:20 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

They are here in Doha. Great band, probably the best here.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
They are here in Doha. Great band, probably the best here.
Really? (the Soundsations I think they were actually called).

Where are they playing? I'll call in this week with any of you who are up for it.......
Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:32 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Really? (the Soundsations I think they were actually called).

Where are they playing? I'll call in this week with any of you who are up for it.......

You here this week?? They are in the Manor Horizon. They have been in a tiny bar with a stage the size of a snooker table for 5 months. Quite funny seeing 6 of them struggling/falling off it.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:47 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

You here this week?? They are in the Manor Horizon. They have been in a tiny bar with a stage the size of a snooker table for 5 months. Quite funny seeing 6 of them struggling/falling off it.
Sounds like the place to go on the 3rd...
Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah........... flying in tomorrow night (Monday), flying out Thursday evening. So Tue or Wed evening would work (not both - I have a dinner to arrange with colleagues).

Staying Ritz-Carlton (the main one, not Sharq).

So - night out then.....?

Last edited by The Dean; Sep 16th 2012 at 9:53 am. Reason: t
Old Sep 16th 2012, 10:22 am
Shark Fisherman

Yeah........... flying in tomorrow night (Monday), flying out Thursday evening. So Tue or Wed evening would work (not both - I have a dinner to arrange with colleagues).

Staying Ritz-Carlton (the main one, not Sharq).

So - night out then.....?
Needs to be Tuesday for me mate, I have the Missus Weds/Thurs. Only life on a Tuesday will be in the Irish, Unless i've misread and you are posh? Then we can start in Trader Vics........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.