Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Will they really be cheaper

Will they really be cheaper

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:29 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold
Default Will they really be cheaper

http://www.flydubai.com/LandingPage.aspx?id=703

Will they really be cheaper, I just did a search on going to Amman and the flight is only 400AED cheaper than emirates, but there are added extras, like paying for food, paying for luggage, paying for the option to change ticket etc.

Oh why oh why can't they do something like Easyjet where I used to pay 40 quid for a return flight to Geneva for the weekend???
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will they really be cheaper

Originally Posted by moto111

Will they really be cheaper, I just did a search on going to Amman and the flight is only 400AED cheaper than emirates, but there are added extras, like paying for food, paying for luggage, paying for the option to change ticket etc.

Oh why oh why can't they do something like Easyjet where I used to pay 40 quid for a return flight to Geneva for the weekend???
yeah used to... but don't forget that budget airlines in the uk are now charging to use the toilet as well... and yes it does normally work out about £10 more expensive to fly with someone like ba over ryanair
Old Apr 24th 2009, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

you don't need food on such a short flight and normally if you are sure on your dates you don't need the option to change your ticket. so in that case they do become cheaper.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:17 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cham128
yeah used to... but don't forget that budget airlines in the uk are now charging to use the toilet as well... and yes it does normally work out about £10 more expensive to fly with someone like ba over ryanair
ooh I didn't know that - wow charging to use the toilet
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

in this current climate I will be surprised if this even happens, if it does they won't last long anyway.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:50 am
???

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
in this current climate I will be surprised if this even happens, if it does they won't last long anyway.

yeh they've only got 2 routes at the minute, Amman and Beirut, saying that Beirut is great in the summer, the climate is fantastic......
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

yeh they've only got 2 routes at the minute, Amman and Beirut, saying that Beirut is great in the summer, the climate is fantastic......
Beirut is gorgeous in the summer...

one minute youre lounging under the sun on the beach, 30 minutes later youre enjoying the cool cool breeze in the mountain...

But, dont let the fares fool you...Its usually supplemented by a, AED400 airport tax...And AED50-100 fuel surcharge...
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:57 am
???

Originally Posted by Confucius
Beirut is gorgeous in the summer...

one minute youre lounging under the sun on the beach, 30 minutes later youre enjoying the cool cool breeze in the mountain...

But, dont let the fares fool you...Its usually supplemented by a, AED400 airport tax...And AED50-100 fuel surcharge...
if you can believe the web site, it states that all of that is already included in the price - am I being naive
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

if you can believe the web site, it states that all of that is already included in the price - am I being naive
I dont think theyre paying the taxes out of pocket...
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Confucius
I dont think theyre paying the taxes out of pocket...
...just including then in the fares they quote - a fair fare they call it.