Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Why Obama Loathes The British

Why Obama Loathes The British

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Obama Loathes The British

Originally Posted by VivDee
Though if Obama wants anything to do with it,he will ruin the USA like the UK with all the unions and illegals..
Apparently having unions which stand up for workers' rights, and people moving to the US in search of work and a better life is going to ruin a country.
So much for the 'fact' that people in the US have more because they are ready to work hard. Sounds like some people have more because of the system of slavery that exists.

If a country can be ruined by those two things then it isn't worth shit.

A country where however many millions don't have adequate healthcare? A country where so many kids live in poiverty? Shiiiiiit, Obam,a might just go and ruin that!!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Careful- when you challenge people's behaviour here, you either get told that you can't take a joke, or they just ignore you.

As much as people liek to pretend otherwise- The Sun IS the most popular selling newspaper in Britain for a reason. Scratch the surface fo the average guy or gal and you'll find a xenophobic racist with a fondness for tabloid sleaze and pseudo-news.
And even worse, the Daily Mail runs it a close thing in 2nd place.

But there's a subtle difference between direct insults and those comments which are intended--deliberately or not--to make people challenge their own assumptions, beliefs and behaviour. Not everyone can take it (Meow certainly can), Brit or not. An ex-friend became ex when I suggested that his behaviour was racist--I didn't call him racist, but I suggested that his actions might be construed as such. I hadn't realised that he didn't understand the difference between insult and challenge--apparently all his other friends understood where the dividing line was, and kept well to one side of it.

BE must be viewed as a safe arena in which to put up your views IN ORDER to have them shot down--then you can see them from a different perspective. That's how to learn. Right?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 2:29 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

But there's a subtle difference between direct insults and those comments which are intended--deliberately or not--to make people challenge their own assumptions, beliefs and behaviour. Not everyone can take it (Meow certainly can), Brit or not. An ex-friend became ex when I suggested that his behaviour was racist--I didn't call him racist, but I suggested that his actions might be construed as such. I hadn't realised that he didn't understand the difference between insult and challenge--apparently all his other friends understood where the dividing line was, and kept well to one side of it.

BE must be viewed as a safe arena in which to put up your views IN ORDER to have them shot down--then you can see them from a different perspective. That's how to learn. Right?
Wrong!

Is that challenging enough for you?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 2:44 pm
Banned

Storm Cat is on a distinguished road

Careful- when you challenge people's behaviour here, you either get told that you can't take a joke, or they just ignore you.

As much as people liek to pretend otherwise- The Sun IS the most popular selling newspaper in Britain for a reason. Scratch the surface fo the average guy or gal and you'll find a xenophobic racist with a fondness for tabloid sleaze and pseudo-news.
I feel the same as you about Meow
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 2:45 pm
Banned

Storm Cat is on a distinguished road

Apparently having unions which stand up for workers' rights, and people moving to the US in search of work and a better life is going to ruin a country.
So much for the 'fact' that people in the US have more because they are ready to work hard. Sounds like some people have more because of the system of slavery that exists.

If a country can be ruined by those two things then it isn't worth shit.

A country where however many millions don't have adequate healthcare? A country where so many kids live in poiverty? Shiiiiiit, Obam,a might just go and ruin that!!
Well said
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 2:49 pm
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

I'm an Argentine/Irish/Swedish American. My wife is Japanese.

I'm rooting for North Korea in the whole soccer thing-a-ma-jig.

I inherited big, red, Irish ears from my grandfather.

One of his brothers died in Baton. The other was executed serving someone called Her Majesty.

I guess what I'm really getting at, is... Do you think I should buy BP now, or will it go lower?

U
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

But there's a subtle difference ...
But sometimes, if you're very very lucky, your comments will spark a debate or at the very least a considerate answer that actually addresses your point.

Thanks Bahtatboy.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:30 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Wrong!

Is that challenging enough for you?
There's always one, isn't there.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 7:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Storm Cat
I feel the same as you about Meow
So you can make a personal attack on me and that's OK, but I cannot even suggest anything about the US? Wow - such hypocrisy. You know nothing about me, my background, my beliefs or behaviour, but I now firmly believe that you are a narrow-minded fool.

Now shoo, it's time your burger flipping shift started.
-
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing that you haven't noticed the irony in your post.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oregon4now
I am guessing that you haven't noticed the irony in your post.
So original, that you can do nothing more than copy my words.

-
Old Jun 24th 2010, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute

T'was just a guess mind you.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

VivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lionheart
Interesting slant on the anti-BP garbage issuing from the oval room...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-British.html
Just read Obama sent back a Bust Of Churchill.

He is also against Israel..

I hope he becomes a lame duck president in November
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Fugative is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to see this thread go on, can anyone tell me if the Americans have actually got their finger out to help stop this leak yet ?

After all dont we start things and the yanks clean up????
Old Jul 1st 2010, 9:27 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Shit, are we at war with the US now???

As someone who lived in Texas, not the US of A, and still visits regularly, I have to admit that I find this "Yanks hate Brits" a little laughable. Whilst it is true that they may not be as internationally-travelled as Brits and, yes, I can confirm from experience that many would have better luck hitting a pinata than pointing to the UK on a map, I would say that it is BECAUSE of their limited knowledge of anything outside their borders that confirms that they DO NOT hate us..
I've been to the USA a few times and can say in my own humble experience US Citizens on the whole are a LOT more friendly towards Britons than Britons are towards them.

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.