Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where Have Garhoud Nurseries Gone?

Where Have Garhoud Nurseries Gone?

Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where Have Garhoud Nurseries Gone?

For those green fingered folk who plant your own gardens, you may have known Garhoud Nurseries (just down from the Arabian Park Hotel).

I nipped down there this afternoon and it is gone, literally gone. Only a few shed still standing.

Can anyone enlighten me where I can get good value outdoor plants now? i.e Garhoud Nurseries = 10dhs for a small bouganvilla and ACE = 45dhs for pretty much the same thing
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where Have Garhoud Nurseries Gone?

That is weird because hubby drives past there everyday and says nothing has changed. There never were many sheds only open allotments.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
For those green fingered folk who plant your own gardens, you may have known Garhoud Nurseries (just down from the Arabian Park Hotel).

I nipped down there this afternoon and it is gone, literally gone. Only a few shed still standing.

Can anyone enlighten me where I can get good value outdoor plants now? i.e Garhoud Nurseries = 10dhs for a small bouganvilla and ACE = 45dhs for pretty much the same thing
Well hello you please do not tell me that you are planting more flowers in the garden ?

PS remember to put them on the powerpoint
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
That is weird because hubby drives past there everyday and says nothing has changed. There never were many sheds only open allotments.
Definately all gone!! It looks semi normal on the main strip from the Arabian park Hotel, but if you hang a left at the roundabout you will see there is nothing left.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by banter64
Well hello you please do not tell me that you are planting more flowers in the garden ?

Im confused.....
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Im confused.....
All the Jadaf nurseries have been moved to the new area - past dragon mart on the hatta road, right at the first big round about, in there on the left side smewhere. How long did we really think Jadaf would last???
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
All the Jadaf nurseries have been moved to the new area - past dragon mart on the hatta road, right at the first big round about, in there on the left side smewhere. How long did we really think Jadaf would last???

You superstar! 10mins from my villa.

I took a trip out there this afternoon and got what i needed. Directions as you say are (going towards Hatta) go past Dragon Mart, at the first r'bt turn right, then at the next r'bt turn left, and then another left at the r'bt after that (you will then see them on the right hand side).
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

You superstar! 10mins from my villa.

I took a trip out there this afternoon and got what i needed. Directions as you say are (going towards Hatta) go past Dragon Mart, at the first r'bt turn right, then at the next r'bt turn left, and then another left at the r'bt after that (you will then see them on the right hand side).
that is great news Percy
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by banter64

It has come to light that the sender of the above message (whom until now was a spy in the camp) is somewhat of a superstar!

Not only have they won awards "The Matthew Lewis Taste Test" for services to 'red tea' and 'chai' but this person also has the ability to introduce a mystical grittyness to fruit salads.

I look forward to spending a night under the stars with you 'Banter'

(this should get the tongues wagging)!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

It has come to light that the sender of the above message (whom until now was a spy in the camp) is somewhat of a superstar!

Not only have they won awards "The Matthew Lewis Taste Test" for services to 'red tea' and 'chai' but this person also has the ability to introduce a mystical grittyness to fruit salads.

I look forward to spending a night under the stars with you 'Banter'

(this should get the tongues wagging)!
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I have another thing wagging...And I don't have a tail...
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Confucius
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I have another thing wagging...And I don't have a tail...

I hope it's your finger! Don't fret, this is a private joke and my wife will be brought fully up to speed by 'banter' in the very near future.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's your finger! Don't fret, this is a private joke and my wife will be brought fully up to speed by 'banter' in the very near future.
That's none of my business what the three of you do...You don't have to explain anything to me...
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that is great news Percy
I met Percy Thrower once! I was a young child and my granddad took me to the open day of Percy's private garden.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Confucius
That's none of my business what the three of you do...You don't have to explain anything to me...

Does it make matters worse if I tell you 'Banters' OH is also involved
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Does it make matters worse if I tell you 'Banters' OH is also involved
Not unless you want to read expletives in my next reply...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.