Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Where does your computer "live"?

Where does your computer "live"?

Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:49 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where does your computer "live"?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
mine lived on my lap and look at what happened to me last week!!
I wouldn't have it any other way....couldn't have it on a table or desk...
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
Ray is not the type to get jealous....
this means you know him very well
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:52 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAMS
this means you know him very well
after almost 35.000 posts...you'd start to think you do...
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

after almost 35.000 posts...you'd start to think you do...
I agree, alot of posts
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It hasn't happend so far...
It will overheat.. .programs will start doing weirds things or cease to work....even slows the computer down... lay it on a hard suface ...
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
It will overheat.. .programs will start doing weirds things or cease to work....even slows the computer down... lay it on a hard suface ...
Ray I wonder if that was a contributing to factor to my hard drive demise last week ?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Ray I wonder if that was a contributing to factor to my hard drive demise last week ?
Its pretty common ...laptops are not really designed for continuous use
because of the heat build up ...no matter what they claim

When the fan went in my desktop ...weird things happened with
programs.. every now and again ... new fan in ..back to normal ..
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Ray
oh well...at least you will know what has happend if I disappear...
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:11 pm
Ray

oh well...at least you will know what has happend if I disappear...
Find a piece of wood to lay it on ...on your lap
perhaps even a tray ... make sure its hard and big enough ....
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ray
Its pretty common ...laptops are not really designed for continuous use
because of the heat build up ...no matter what they claim

When the fan went in my desktop ...weird things happened with
programs.. every now and again ... new fan in ..back to normal ..
thats why, my lap top screen is dancing whenever its on my lap. The sreen starts flickering, Its brand new i was planning to take it back to the shop
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:14 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by SAMS
thats why, my lap top screen is dancing whenever its on my lap. The sreen starts flickering, Its brand new i was planning to take it back to the shop
If it ok ..for say 30 mins then goes weird ..
that may well be your answer ...
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:34 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

1 in the lounge and 1 in the majlis.