Spending Avios points

Old Jul 5th 2017, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spending Avios points

I have about 110,000 avios points. Have never really been able to figure out how to use them because whenever I try to use them for reward flights the taxes and charges still add up to something close to the price of buying the ticket outright.

Also have never successfully been able to upgrade.

What are good suggestions for dumping the avios? Can't we use them on other one world airlines (including Qatar)?
Old Jul 5th 2017, 2:06 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spending Avios points

To my astonishment I was able to redeem some long accumulated and dormant avios in 2015 for a couple of business class flights from LHR to Toronto pretty much on the dates in August that I wanted. The process was extremely straightforward on the website. There were taxes of course because it was departing from UK but it was still a pretty good deal. If you use them originating from the UK does it work out better than flying to the UK?

I have no idea about how to redeem them on partner airlines though
Old Jul 6th 2017, 4:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Sometimes there are other things to gain. The good lady had some Emirates miles that were due to expire, very easily converted them to Heathrow Reward points, spent them (wasn't lots but got her 60ish quid) on new makeup things she wanted but didn't want to shell out for.

I have some running out in March and I'll do the same and go directly to a certain couple of shops to see what luxuries my pennies and points can afford.

Just an idea.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

kostik3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hotels too, you don't pay any taxes on them and can get pretty good deal via BA web-site.

Flights within Europe, only 35 GBP of taxes for return flight and about 20,000 points would take your return to Athens from London, pretty good.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even realise I had any avios points so logged on to find 129k- bonus. Looked for a flight from AD to London and it gives you 850 dirhams off depending which ticket u buy for I think 35k avois points. Thought that wasn't too bad, better than a kick in the teeth

Good luck with using them