When is Scamp back

Old Nov 29th 2017, 10:17 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default When is Scamp back

Its been really quiet and boring on here while he's been living it up in Oz
Old Nov 29th 2017, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is Scamp back

Ahhhhh, are you missing him! That's sweet!

He was on early this morning for a bit.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I miss you too buddy.
I'm flying tonight, back in Dubai tomorrow early doors.

Looking forward to being in a time zone that allows international participation. Oz is very cool but **** me, I'm watching Saints lose to City at my desk at work. No wonder they've invented sports like Aussie Rules, they don't get to watch any normal ones.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 9:21 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I miss you too buddy.
I'm flying tonight, back in Dubai tomorrow early doors.

Looking forward to being in a time zone that allows international participation. Oz is very cool but **** me, I'm watching Saints lose to City at my desk at work. No wonder they've invented sports like Aussie Rules, they don't get to watch any normal ones.
You were told about the joys of barefoot bowling, what more do you want?! And we get the Ashes, too. They really seem to like swimming here. It's the only sport they show any coverage of when the Olympics is on. And they're not even that good at it any more.

Our timezone largely sucks, but being tucked away in a largely ignored part of the world has its advantages.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Geordie George
You were told about the joys of barefoot bowling, what more do you want?! And we get the Ashes, too. They really seem to like swimming here. It's the only sport they show any coverage of when the Olympics is on. And they're not even that good at it any more.

Our timezone largely sucks, but being tucked away in a largely ignored part of the world has its advantages.
A highlight was definitely the Ashes lunch with Botham, Vaughan and a couple of Aussies.

It's a wicked city for sure, very cool and definitely up there. It's just too far from anywhere....which I guess stops some people from coming and that's a bonus.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 10:39 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
A highlight was definitely the Ashes lunch with Botham, Vaughan and a couple of Aussies.

It's a wicked city for sure, very cool and definitely up there. It's just too far from anywhere....which I guess stops some people from coming and that's a bonus.
And there's the main advantage! Not too many visits from family. (You move 12,000 miles away and some people still don't get the hint.)
Old Nov 29th 2017, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geordie George
And there's the main advantage! Not too many visits from family. (You move 12,000 miles away and some people still don't get the hint.)
Yeah, that's good if you don't like them

Fortunately, the Mrs adores hers and I do most of mine, so being 'close' at only 3,500 miles away is quite nice.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to not be round the corner but being able to get home for 3-4 days this year to see the Mother has been really important.