Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Whats the best thing to kill Gnats...?

Whats the best thing to kill Gnats...?

Old May 5th 2008, 12:55 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the best thing to kill Gnats...?

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
what, at your lack of imagination...not really...

MM, xx
I have a very vivid imagination I'll have you know....there's just a time and a place for it, thats all........However, I do appreciate it isnt on display on quiz nights though...lol
Old May 5th 2008, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I have a very vivid imagination I'll have you know....there's just a time and a place for it, thats all........However, I do appreciate it isnt on display on quiz nights though...lol
no, you keep it very well hidden, i'll give you that...

MM, xx

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Too many REAL women about......lol
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
That wasnt silver foil, that was the waistband of the chastity belt she put on before leaving the house, in case you Rohypnol'd her..............lol
.....I havent even heard of that stuff, but you seem to know what you're talking about, so will take your word for it..
Old May 5th 2008, 12:58 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

.....I havent even heard of that stuff, but you seem to know what you're talking about, so will take your word for it..
Im well read, me.......
Old May 5th 2008, 1:00 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Im well read, me.......
Is that the stuff that Christie used at 10 Rillington Place ....!!!!
Old May 5th 2008, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about that. i always though your quiz answers were very imaginative and very far from being correct.
Old May 5th 2008, 4:51 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
c) Deploy a squadron of dragon flies in your bedroom. They are natural mosquito predators. Note that dragon flies live on water, so you may need to install a small artifical pond - this has the added benefit of looking cool and attracting women.
I love this solution

We were plagued with them in London, as our apartment overlooked the river. We bought a plug-in thing and they stayed away. I don't know what it was, but it was yellow and you could buy refills. Oh, and it was all natural stuff, not chemicals.
Old May 5th 2008, 4:58 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
I love this solution

We were plagued with them in London, as our apartment overlooked the river. We bought a plug-in thing and they stayed away. I don't know what it was, but it was yellow and you could buy refills. Oh, and it was all natural stuff, not chemicals.

Hahahahaha-could only be from Il Maestro SYB
Citronella(natural,yellow) based compound maybe??
Old May 5th 2008, 5:22 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Hahahahaha-could only be from Il Maestro SYB
Citronella(natural,yellow) based compound maybe??
That's it! I've remembered now, it was called 'Jungle Formula'. My husband told me that it killed them, but I like to think it just deterred them and made them go elsewhere.
Old May 5th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Just eat lots of garlic as the mossies hate the stuff.

You can also get garlic based sprays that are odourless to humans but not to mossies, may be worth a go.

Failing that, rent one of your rooms out to a French man, just make sure he stays away from your missus.
Old May 6th 2008, 11:33 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by benzonar
Just eat lots of garlic as the mossies hate the stuff.

You can also get garlic based sprays that are odourless to humans but not to mossies, may be worth a go.

Failing that, rent one of your rooms out to a French man, just make sure he stays away from your missus.
The mozzies I can handle....the thoughts of having anyone French in my apartment is just toooo much though !
Old May 6th 2008, 11:34 am
Hammer for Life

That's it! I've remembered now, it was called 'Jungle Formula'. My husband told me that it killed them, but I like to think it just deterred them and made them go elsewhere.
Thanks, I will get some.....I want them to have a prolonged itch, before they face certain death !
Old May 6th 2008, 11:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

We used to have something like that back in Africa but it wasn't for killing insects
Old May 6th 2008, 11:42 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
We used to have something like that back in Africa but it wasn't for killing insects
A few amourous posts today from you I see LH.......Is the warm weather getting to you....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.