Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Whats the best thing to kill Gnats...?

Whats the best thing to kill Gnats...?

Old May 4th 2008, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the best thing to kill Gnats...?

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Where do I get one of those from .....scratch, scratch...
spinneys/choithrams/carrefour...don't scratch them, you'll make them worse...!

MM, xx
Old May 4th 2008, 10:01 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
spinneys/choithrams/carrefour...don't scratch them, you'll make them worse...!

MM, xx
Thanks Mum, I'll try not to...., Right I am off to Spinney's after work....I wouldnt mind but I dont dont know how the little gits get into the apartment....as havent had the balcony door open for a few days...gggrgh..
Old May 4th 2008, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Arent gnats and mozzies the same thing ?
No - they are the same order but different families....

They detect you by the CO2 that you exhale, and the smell of your breath/sweat... So your best defence to confuse them are counter-measures such as:

a) Burn candles in your room - the CO2 emission of the candle will confuse their CO2 guidance system

b) Use olfactory inhibitors to disable their ability to smell your sweat. Lemon eucalyptus oil is effective - an oil burner next to your bed should repel them.

c) Deploy a squadron of dragon flies in your bedroom. They are natural mosquito predators. Note that dragon flies live on water, so you may need to install a small artifical pond - this has the added benefit of looking cool and attracting women.

Good Luck.
Old May 4th 2008, 10:19 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
No - they are the same order but different families....

They detect you by the CO2 that you exhale, and the smell of your breath/sweat... So your best defence to confuse them are counter-measures such as:

a) Burn candles in your room - the CO2 emission of the candle will confuse their CO2 guidance system

b) Use olfactory inhibitors to disable their ability to smell your sweat. Lemon eucalyptus oil is effective - an oil burner next to your bed should repel them.

c) Deploy a squadron of dragon flies in your bedroom. They are natural mosquito predators. Note that dragon flies live on water, so you may need to install a small artifical pond - this has the added benefit of looking cool and attracting women.

Good Luck.
Thanks SYB....all helpful stuff....will need to go to bed early tonight, to set this lot up !
Old May 4th 2008, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

not if there are loads of dragon flies around...i know they scare the shit out of me for one...!!

MM, xx
Old May 4th 2008, 10:23 am
Hammer for Life

not if there are loads of dragon flies around...i know they scare the shit out of me for one...!!

MM, xx
...Guess you wont be coming around again then ?
Old May 4th 2008, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
Ah.... this may explain the desolate wasteland that is my bedroom.
Old May 4th 2008, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...Guess you wont be coming around again then ?
hell no...i'm leaving you and your dragonfly well alone...

MM, xx
Old May 4th 2008, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah.... this may explain the desolate wasteland that is my bedroom.
hahahahaha...betcha eva isn't scared of dragonflies...

MM, xx
Old May 4th 2008, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MM, xx
If I should ever find out I'll be sure to let you know....
Old May 4th 2008, 10:32 am
Hammer for Life

MM, xx
No she isnt, but the dragonflies are petrified ...
Old May 4th 2008, 10:33 am
Hammer for Life

hell no...i'm leaving you and your dragonfly well alone...

MM, xx
Well that's the end of that then.....all that effort for nothing
Old May 4th 2008, 12:17 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's the end of that then.....all that effort for nothing
they go for people that never have sex...they can smell them a mile off
Old May 4th 2008, 12:20 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by MataHari
they go for people that never have sex...they can smell them a mile off
You get bitten a lot too.....Im sorry...

Anyway, thats mozzies......BUT I have been bitten by gnats....and they can smell the sweat of love making....lol
Old May 5th 2008, 12:16 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

...Sweetmeat, thats what they like !
Balls, more like.....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.