What would you do?

Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would you do?

I have been tasked with looking after some things for some teachers who have gone away all summer - obviously this duty was subcontracted to the maid.

The indoor plants are not great but alive, the outdoor cactus has never look better but the Hamster is well and truly dead. He has water and food but alias no life. So... do I:

1) Replace it
2) Come clean now (by SMS) and ruin a kids holiday - and ask if i can keep the cage/ sell on dubizzle
3) Wait until they return and break the news that hammy has been dead for 4 weeks.

I'm currently thinking 2 is the easiest option for me.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jul 27th 2013 at 5:07 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do?

Wait until they get back darling..are you sure that it is dead? Do hamsters hibernate..have you had a vet check it??
No point telling the poor kid now..unless you have a slight sadistic streak...oh...ok..tell them now
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Tell your wife and let her decide what to do.

At least when they all go back they can get a new baby hamster- a hamlet? and they get to play with a shiny new baby one- far more fun than an old one.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Wait until they get back darling..are you sure that it is dead? Do hamsters hibernate..have you had a vet check it??
No point telling the poor kid now..unless you have a slight sadistic streak...oh...ok..tell them now
Deffo dead. Would it be wrong to post the picture?!
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can remember when my hamster died, I buried him in a quality street tin with soft bedding and food - just in case he was hibernating- not sure how long the air supply would have lasted and with no water... to be fair he was stiff as a board whereas I imagine hibernating hamsters are still floppy?
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Tell your wife and let her decide what to do.

At least when they all go back they can get a new baby hamster- a hamlet? and they get to play with a shiny new baby one- far more fun than an old one.
I asked my wife. First thing she said was "I can't believe I bought a new bag of sawdust, what a waste." Then we talked about if it would be rude to ask to the to keep the cage for mini millhouse. We are all heart in Villa de la Millhouse.

I think she will break the news to the mother in the morning. Up to them how to handle it.

Reminds me of when I was 14 and my dog died whist I was on a skiing trip. I got told and while I cried myself to sleep that night, I had a great time on the black runs the following day.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jul 27th 2013 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can remember when my hamster died, I buried him in a quality street tin with soft bedding and food - just in case he was hibernating- not sure how long the air supply would have lasted and with no water... to be fair he was stiff as a board whereas I imagine hibernating hamsters are still floppy?
I've had to bury two hamsters, three guinea pigs and a dog in my lifetime. Not one has been a nice event - and doing that in the UK, the ground is either frozen or baked solid making digging nearly impossible - failing that it is raining just to make the while thing even more miserable.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can beat that- 3 hamsters, 3 cats, 2 dogs and a butterfly and several dozen mice(when i was very little- I was rather sensitive and we had to have burials for every mouse that got caught in the mouse trap)
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Get another hamster. Can you tell one from another ?
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scot47
Get another hamster. Can you tell one from another ?
They all have very different personalities. Not as stricking as the differences between guinea pigs, or dogs, but yes -- they are different. Awwwww, I'm welling up.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:20 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Then we talked about if it would be rude to ask to the to keep the cage for mini millhouse. We are all heart in Villa de la Millhouse.
Blimey, Mini must be small.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I can beat that- 3 hamsters, 3 cats, 2 dogs and a butterfly and several dozen mice(when i was very little- I was rather sensitive and we had to have burials for every mouse that got caught in the mouse trap)
OK OK............ a pet butterfly?

Are you trying to wind us up?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

5 dogs. 14 cats and a horse!
Old Jul 28th 2013, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lol dean ok I found the butterfly dead on the street- carried it home and gave it a funeral and buried it.

Ok pats you win- I take it with a horse the vets take care of the funeral?
Old Jul 28th 2013, 3:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Slightly random but a bit on topic.

This lady who owns a boutique vineyard up the road from us, buries all her pet romney sheep when they kark it. Not so much as a chop passes her lips.

Another option Millhouse.

4 - Cremate the hammy in your oven and present to the family in a box for later disposal

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 28th 2013 at 3:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.