Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East / The Sand Pit

Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:52 am   #16
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is September going to bring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brains1983 View Post
You can charter from the UAE. It's just passenger flights that are the problem
really? that's nuts. I want a proper embargo.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:15 am   #17
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I only ask for two things. Direct flights to Dubai and diet coke back on the shelves. Yes, there is a severe shortage of diet coke, which seems to be the only thing to have run out since the embargo began.

Beyond that I really don't care about the politics involved. It was sort of cool for a few days but it's now annoying and trite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
really? that's nuts. I want a proper embargo.
DXBtoDOH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:21 am   #18
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
I only ask for two things. Direct flights to Dubai and diet coke back on the shelves. Yes, there is a severe shortage of diet coke, which seems to be the only thing to have run out since the embargo began.

Beyond that I really don't care about the politics involved. It was sort of cool for a few days but it's now annoying and trite.
I would never have pegged you as a diet coke drinker.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:41 am   #19
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

A can a day at lunch. I don't drink any other soda, including the shit Diet Pepsi.

It's left over from the days when I used to smoke. I always needed something liquid with the cigarette. Coffee in the AM. But can't have beer/wine all the time so diet coke stepped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I would never have pegged you as a diet coke drinker.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:44 am   #20
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A can a day at lunch. I don't drink any other soda, including the shit Diet Pepsi.

It's left over from the days when I used to smoke. I always needed something liquid with the cigarette. Coffee in the AM. But can't have beer/wine all the time so diet coke stepped in.
frivolous - I would have expected better from you.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:55 am   #21
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I rarely drink any fizzy drinks. Only when I'm out drinking and I'll have a few vodka and cokes (for example) before the sugar just makes my mouth feel horrid. It's about the only healthy thing I have to be smug about.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:58 am   #22
BE Forum Addict

There are no calories in diet coke, mate

Quote:
I rarely drink any fizzy drinks. Only when I'm out drinking and I'll have a few vodka and cokes (for example) before the sugar just makes my mouth feel horrid. It's about the only healthy thing I have to be smug about.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:00 am   #23
BE Forum Addict

And a waste of 1.5 AED/QAR every day! *quickly glances at budget spreadsheet to calculate the cost savings of eliminating the daily diet coke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
frivolous - I would have expected better from you.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:02 am   #24
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Quote:
There are no calories in diet coke, mate
Maybe not but I don't think it's any good for you is it...
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:05 am   #25
BE Forum Addict

Well, **** me for not being a paragon for virtue.

Quote:
Maybe not but I don't think it's any good for you is it...
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:41 am   #26
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Quote:
Well, **** me for not being a paragon for virtue.
You normally are.

Hence my surprise, and if I'm honest, disappointment.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:45 am   #27
BE Forum Addict

I thought I was too cheap, frugal, uptight and boring to be a paragon of virtue?

Quote:
You normally are.

Hence my surprise, and if I'm honest, disappointment.
You're just in a long line of those disappointed in me. Next in the queue please.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:51 am   #28
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to allExpatAl is a name known to all

Can't stand the fizzy drinks here. Dayglo orange Fanta with 0% juice in it (at least UK Fanta has a few drops of orange in!)

Have to get the imported premium San Pellegrino Lemonata to satisfy my cravings
ExpatAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th 2017, 7:52 am   #29
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Quote:
I thought I was too cheap, frugal, uptight and boring to be a paragon of virtue?

You're just in a long line of those disappointed in me. Next in the queue please.
You're all of those things, just as I'm many good and bad things too. But I think they contribute to the moral higher ground...

If you don't leave a trail of disappointed people in your wake then you're doing something wrong.

Note: Please don't take this the wrong way.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 12:04 pm   #30
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
a can a day bloody nora your teeth must be taking some hard core battering from all that horrible shyte.

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Middle East / The Sand Pit