What do men want?

Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do men want?

for their birthdays? at a total loss as what to buy the husband
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:27 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do men want?

Pussy. Bluer the better. You are on the right track.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:32 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

He's your husband so you should know better than anyone!

Something golf related? Books on topics he is interested in or bt preferred authors? A really good bottle of a favourite tipple?

I've bought Mr M some pork related items (stop sniggering at the back) in the past which he appreciated, such as cleverly designed t-shirts and a cool poster that I had framed. We know Atilla likes pork.

I'd suggest it's not about the amount of money spent, but getting him something he'll really like.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

He has a kindle so books are a no no, he says they are a waste of money. As for a bottle of something nice I forgot to do that before Barracuda shut so too late for that one. Was thinking golf stuff, might pop over to Emirates GC and see what I can see. I even asked him and he couldn't think of anything!

As for clothes I went to MOE yesterday and couldn't find anything that he hasn't already got, a bit buying for the sake of buying. I am not thinking LĂ“ccitane as it is his favourite toiletry.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
for their birthdays? at a total loss as what to buy the husband

Things that most men appreciate but are shit at shopping for on their own:-

Decent clothes - maybe take him to get a tailored shirt/suit
Decent Man smell
Pants and socks, although dull, are in my experience always appreciated.

Or how about an 'experience' - Tandem Skydive over the Marina? Or a trackday in an Aston Martin at Yas?

Never buy a man an electronic gadget without prior consultation. A bit like buying a woman an item of clothing without prior consultation. The response will be 'It's lovely - have you kept the receipt?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
He has a kindle so books are a no no, he says they are a waste of money. As for a bottle of something nice I forgot to do that before Barracuda shut so too late for that one. Was thinking golf stuff, might pop over to Emirates GC and see what I can see. I even asked him and he couldn't think of anything!

As for clothes I went to MOE yesterday and couldn't find anything that he hasn't already got, a bit buying for the sake of buying. I am not thinking LĂ“ccitane as it is his favourite toiletry.

MMI and A+E are open in the evenings.

Take a look here http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+pork+gifts Have a scroll through as some of the t-shirts are rather good (for which read subtle) and you can choose the colour.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:50 am
Bored liberal

I am now wasting time looking through it all myself.

A bacon printed shower curtain. Perfect for Ramadan! http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+bacon_sh...tain,604100173

Or for you? http://www.cafepress.co.uk/mf/329565...black_tank-top

Daft, but making me laugh and crave a bacon sarnie.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:53 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob

Or how about an 'experience' - Tandem Skydive over the Marina? Or a trackday in an Aston Martin at Yas?
?
if you are stuck then this. Did you not but a sporty car? if so then a track day in his own car at YAS and a new set of tires once hes ****ed them
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Decent Man smell

Never buy a man an electronic gadget without prior consultation. A bit like buying a woman an item of clothing without prior consultation. The response will be 'It's lovely - have you kept the receipt?
Agreed on the gadgets!

You could always buy something for yourself that your husband will enjoy as well.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

iPad
Aston Track Day (as suggested)
Golf Weekend (with the boys; cobone /groupon must have deals for RAK Tower Links still...buy him a fourball and let him take some mates for man time)
Vouchers? Bit shit I guess.
Aftershave and socks are always good (as suggested)
Lava lamp. Everyone loves a lava lamp.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:58 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
I am now wasting time looking through it all myself.

A bacon printed shower curtain. Perfect for Ramadan! http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+bacon_sh...tain,604100173

Or for you? http://www.cafepress.co.uk/mf/329565...black_tank-top

Daft, but making me laugh and crave a bacon sarnie.
bacon is the new black PMSL, updated HOC this morning with a question about black bookmarked it for future reference but the birthday is tomorrow!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:59 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
iPad
Golf Weekend (with the boys; cobone /groupon must have deals for RAK Tower Links still...buy him a fourball and let him take some mates for man time)
always find socks a total let down. all it says is i couldnt think of what you like despite knowing you pretty well so heres some socks.

gee thanks, dont ****ing bother yourself next time
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:59 am
Concierge

Decent Man smell

he would never tandem, I will see how much the Aston Martin thing is he would love that
Old Jul 16th 2013, 7:00 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by shiva
always find socks a total let down. all it says is i couldnt think of what you like despite knowing you pretty well so heres some socks.

gee thanks, dont ****ing bother yourself next time
socks is the only thing he has mentioned!! but I feel the same, boring gift.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 7:01 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Scamp
iPad
apart from the Aston day he has all of the above his one real mate doesn't play golf either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.