Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What? Another car thread?

What? Another car thread?

Old Sep 17th 2017, 11:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: What? Another car thread?

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I like the XC60. Right size for me. Nice interiors.

If I ever get a nice car when I repatriate eventually it'll be either the XC60 or the Audi A4 Avant.
I'm going to say it again because I think they deserve it, but the new Volvos are lovely, the interiors especially - good point.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Not swayed by the new Grand Cherokee Trackhawk?

Top Gear

That could easily piss the G63 boys off - if you wanted to.
That may well be the next one.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

My suspicion is that Il Scampo is into IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION. He wants all those toys NOW !
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

That Trackhawk looks amazing! I'll take two please! 707 BBHP and 3.3 secs 0-60mph is silly filthy.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by scot47
My suspicion is that Il Scampo is into IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION. He wants all those toys NOW !
Haven't had any insults from you in a while, which means this is a surprise unpleasant treat on a Sunday afternoon.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

too many comments to read through...SCAMP what did you decide to buy, if anything?
Old Sep 18th 2017, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
too many comments to read through...SCAMP what did you decide to buy, if anything?
A Smart Car and to hell with it!!!!

Old Sep 18th 2017, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Tragically little attention was ever paid.

I've settled on the car and already been slaughtered for it.
I was originally asking about buying used or new, but enough mixed opinions to go with my already mixed opinion on the matter so I remain sort of mixed.

Update though, I've got my motor on Dubizzle and interest is slow. Couple of nibbles but no viewings. Only day two though.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

I was originally asking about buying used or new, but enough mixed opinions to go with my already mixed opinion on the matter so I remain sort of mixed.

Update though, I've got my motor on Dubizzle and interest is slow. Couple of nibbles but no viewings. Only day two though.
Does not matter what you choose at the end of the day as long as your happy with it, but you know that a lot of people will comment on here as to what they think of your decision, some genuinely interested, some taking the piss, and others that just are retarded!!
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Does not matter what you choose at the end of the day as long as your happy with it, but you know that a lot of people will comment on here as to what they think of your decision, some genuinely interested, some taking the piss, and others that just are retarded!!
Oh mate, I don't care. Half of what's said on here is clearly false ego and bullshit anyway.

Regardless, my ultimate choice is being limited anyway as the availability of used versions of the one I want are very limited.

Now to decide whether to just buy the new one whilst waiting for old car to sell or wait, see if used comes in whilst old is on the market.

Latter sounds more sensible.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Oh mate, I don't care. Half of what's said on here is clearly false ego and bullshit anyway.

Regardless, my ultimate choice is being limited anyway as the availability of used versions of the one I want are very limited.

Now to decide whether to just buy the new one whilst waiting for old car to sell or wait, see if used comes in whilst old is on the market.

Latter sounds more sensible.
Deffo the second option. Never buy until you have sold. I just made that mistake.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

awww yaar...like DUBIAEXILE said sod what everyone thinks..you buy what will make you happy...cars are like people......some people you luv and those very people are hated by others...and some people you hate and those very people are loved by others....so in the end...eff em all
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

awww yaar...like DUBIAEXILE said sod what everyone thinks..you buy what will make you happy...cars are like people......some people you luv and those very people are hated by others...and some people you hate and those very people are loved by others....so in the end...eff em all
Obviously this car crash of words needed a few reads to understand the meaning, but **** me, you're spot on.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Deffo the second option. Never buy until you have sold. I just made that mistake.
Yeah. My motivation to return my hire car when I bought this one was 5 weeks.

Motivation to sell mine if I have a new one will be almost **** all.

Oh I don't care, I give more than enough opinions on here for others to ignore / agree with / disagree with. It is what it is.

Obviously this car crash of words needed a few reads to understand the meaning, but **** me, you're spot on.
Took me 4 reads.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Took me 4 reads.
was it that messed up as a first read lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.