Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What the ****'s happening?

What the ****'s happening?

Old Feb 15th 2014, 1:35 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What the ****'s happening?

Storms so big in the US and Europe that they're actually connected (a la The Day After Tomorrow).

Sink holes appearing and swallowing cars and houses.

Somerset submerged.

US recently hit by record-breaking low temperatures.

Doomsday?
Old Feb 15th 2014, 2:31 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the ****'s happening?

Old Feb 15th 2014, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

This winter has been the wettest here since I've been here as well if that counts towards doomsday?
Old Feb 15th 2014, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The End Times
Old Feb 15th 2014, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh my gawd..we are all dead ,

I live up here in the frozen tundra known as the nothern midwest. Temps are actually high here right (well high for us) , like 19 deg F. For awhile it was anywhere from lows of -19 to highs of 17F with windchill between -20 to -30.

How many of you would prefer the UAE climate, even if it is too hot and humid for many months , over a climate that gets to around 80 - 90 F in the summer but dips below zero F in the winter?
Old Feb 15th 2014, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the cold actually - but what I hate is the fact that the U.K. Comes to a standstill with an inch of snow or the wrong types of leaves or high temperatures so your unable to travel on the tube without dieing, the uk basically works in a small window of weather conditions anything out if the ordinary and it all goes a bit Pete tong.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I struggled to sleep last night in my tent as my nose was cold
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I like the cold actually - but what I hate is the fact that the U.K. Comes to a standstill with an inch of snow or the wrong types of leaves or high temperatures so your unable to travel on the tube without dieing, the uk basically works in a small window of weather conditions anything out if the ordinary and it all goes a bit Pete tong.
A few inches of the white stuff fell in the Southern US about a week ago and they couldn't handle it, while up here we get a couple inches at a time but then we expect it so have the equipment and expereince to deal with it. We 'salt' the #$%^ out of the roads here.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I like the cold actually - but what I hate is the fact that the south of England. Comes to a standstill with an inch of snow or the wrong types of leaves or high temperatures so your unable to travel on the tube without dieing, the south of England basically works in a small window of weather conditions anything out if the ordinary and it all goes a bit Pete tong.
corrected that for you, some of us from north of London can handle the snow and a little rain
Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:09 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Storms so big in the US and Europe that they're actually connected (a la The Day After Tomorrow).

Sink holes appearing and swallowing cars and houses.

Somerset submerged.

Doomsday?
Not doomsday; you are just getting old and afraid of everything.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:47 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Storm systems across USA and Europe are usually connected via the jetstream in the upper air. It's the movement of the jetstream that dictates which route you fly across the Atlantic to/from the USA.
UK had record breaking low temperatures only 10,000 years ago. Scotland was under a kilometre of ice.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 6:04 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
...Scotland was under a kilometre of ice.
I understand Alex Salmond is keen to accomplish the same thing
Old Feb 16th 2014, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ctfc
Old Feb 16th 2014, 9:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

...And some of the English too.

Anyway, what you need to do Bahtat is accept these things are happening and just blame the Chinese.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Decent cold snap in ingerlund anytime soon and it'll be David Cameron et al who need ice skates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.