Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

We cant Go home for christmas :(

We cant Go home for christmas :(

Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute
Default We cant Go home for christmas :(

Hey guys,

Just found out we cant go home for christmas as my hubby's company says they need him here to cover as everyone else has had their holidays in.... Im gutted! Unfortunately family cant come here, hubby's family are welcoming the birth of twins (our niece and nephew), my family is just small and my grandad wont fly therefore mam wont come over!

A lass at work said christmas is boring here

So for you peeps who have spent christmas here, is there anything you can recommend for two youngins to do on christmas day!

Is there anywhere that serves a good christmas dinner!

a very tearful MrsHaps xx
Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:14 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We cant Go home for christmas :(

We have spent four Christmases here and we are only trying to go home for this one so that baby can spend her first Christmas with the whole family.

Of the ones we have spent here; we spent one at the beach then went home for BBQ, we spent one at a nice hotel, we had friends over for one and one we spent just together and had a traditional Uk Christmas day.

All were pretty good, admittedly not the same as the Uk but it is what you decide to make of it.

If you want traditional Chrismas dinner you can cook yourself (you can get everything you need here), you can go to numerous hotels or a lot of places will even pre-cook it for you and you either collect or they deliver.....
Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
We have spent four Christmases here and we are only trying to go home for this one so that baby can spend her first Christmas with the whole family.

Of the ones we have spent here; we spent one at the beach then went home for BBQ, we spent one at a nice hotel, we had friends over for one and one we spent just together and had a traditional Uk Christmas day.

All were pretty good, admittedly not the same as the Uk but it is what you decide to make of it.

If you want traditional Chrismas dinner you can cook yourself (you can get everything you need here), you can go to numerous hotels or a lot of places will even pre-cook it for you and you either collect or they deliver.....

thanks for that, still going to miss my home cooked dinner! Nevermind we will have to have christmas again in january when we eventually get home!!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

christmas here is great, don't worry...if you want to cook at home, the supermarkets stock everything, the hotels will also provide cooked turkey and veg if that's easier...

also, all the usual brunch places do christmas brunch, and i'm sure you'd have a good time...we went to mina al salaam a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed it...

MM, xx
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:25 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I am going home for Christmas!!! Woooooooooooo

Leaving on the 18th Dec and back on the 10th January, I can't wait I hate hot weather

Bison
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:24 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt the UAE home?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:46 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt the UAE home?
Home is where the heart is and that England for me, especially until I find somewhere that I feel I could settle down in. I suppose it's because I am a young single male and still adventurous, maybe when I meet the right woman I might feel like settling somewhere but at the moment the World is my Oyster as the saying goes.

I really don't think I could stand this place for more than 3 or 4 yrs.

B